Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#343493 - 12/22/08 09:05 PM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: SDG]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
I agree with you. I am a little self-conscious about clothing - not that I would dislike it, but that growing up poor, I don't have a lot of experience with "the good stuff."

But I do enjoy dressing for special occasions.

The most fun I think I had, in dressing, was for the street parades at Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida.

Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Twitter Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Facebook Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to MySpace Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Reddit
#343640 - 12/24/08 02:21 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: PDM]
mma7402 Offline

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: PDM
You don't believe in mercy or pity??!

It's not that I do not believe in mercy or pity, because i do, but not in all cases. The No Mercy goes with the beginning of that quote, Truth and Justice. To me truth should always be preserved and justice should always be served and whenever the truth is covered up or justice is not delivered I believe there should be no mercy.

"Veritas et Aequitas, Haud misericordia."

Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Twitter Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Facebook Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to MySpace Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes to Reddit
#343754 - 12/24/08 10:18 PM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: mma7402]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Justice ~ maybe; but truth sometimes has to be covered up for the good of others. Lying to the Nazis about the presence of Jews, during WWII, springs to mind.

#343824 - 12/26/08 03:34 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: PDM]
mma7402 Offline

Loc: Chicago
Yes but truth and justice belong together. Lying to the Nazis about Jews was a necessity because it was a way to deliver as much justice as possible at the time. An example of what it is meant to effect is killers or rapists that get off because there was not enough evidence to convict them. Justice was not delivered and the truth was not brought forth and so they should have No Mercy.

"Veritas et Aequitas, Haud misericordia."

#343827 - 12/26/08 07:26 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: mma7402]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

So who determines that they are kllers or rapists (when there was not enough evidence to convict them)? The "justice and truth" vigilantes?

While the "vigilantes" may not be as low as rapists, they are about the same as killers, IMO.

#343829 - 12/26/08 07:36 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: Carl]
luv my bird
Unregistered

Wow, this topic has really taken a turn.

#343845 - 12/26/08 10:06 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: ]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Yes, it has, indeed.
My fault ~ sorry ~ for taking it off-topic.
I'll start a new thread to continue this discussion. smile

'No Pity? No Mercy?'
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=343844&#Post343844

#343846 - 12/26/08 10:07 AM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Originally Posted By: Carl
Do all women try to keep their significant others up to date in fashion - newer, fashionable color, better texture? And throw out socks and underwear you don't want the SO seen in if he/she gets taken to the hospital?

Does your SO get upset when tee shirts come up missing? Does he say, "Well, I can use that as my mowing (or painting, or fishing, or hunting...) shirt!"? ....

#346159 - 01/09/09 03:20 PM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: PDM]
Niki Offline
Best Friend

Loc: New York
I try to buy new things for my hubbie, but he has a pretty decent sense of fashion. He's also very aware of hygiene, which I guess I'm very blessed with!

I'm the one he has problems with though. =P I'm so small and petite, so it's can be hard to find clothes that fit. Either they fit good but rise up with movements, showing off my undies or tattoo (hehe) or the jeans ride too low and the same problem occurs! He usually tags along behind me and drags up or down my clothes to be more appropriate.

Although I guess it's not too much my size, but just me not really caring. If it feels good to wear, I usually don't bother with the thought of how it might rise up when I move or bend over. This drives him nuts though. To which I can understand, but it's pretty hard to replace a whole wardrobe!

#346176 - 01/09/09 05:47 PM Re: Compromises & Wardrobe changes [Re: Niki]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Yes, he does seem to have problems. I guess it is a cultural thing, though. And we all have our blind spots, or thing which trigger emotions.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Today at 06:05 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
09/12/14 10:40 AM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/09/14 01:16 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
09/06/14 08:50 AM
Flirting for Girls book
by Lisa Shea
09/04/14 06:48 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
08/24/14 07:23 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors