RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Hey, I am a guy, and im straight. some times i wish i was gay because then i would understand what my partner wanted from me. i just dont get it, what do you women want from us guys?

sex? partnership? love? or just someone thats there for you?

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
You women? Us guys?

I think you're making a bad start if you really want to learn something.

Try being honest and being yourself.

What are you looking for, and what do you have to offer in a relationship?

Marge is the love of my life.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Woah..if only it were that easy to answer.

I can say being a gay man would not help, my best friend can vouch for that he was engaged to be married and his fiancee just stopped talking to him and then left, so evidently men are good at the silent treatment stereotypically attributed to females ....but I am getting ahead of myself.

What do we want, figuring out what i want is hard enough , I certainly can't speak for my whole gender.

I think we need more specifics to help out honestly, it's just a huge question.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Good catch, CM! I was reacting about the gender assumptions, and I missed that. You're quite right. Being gay does not mean that relationships are simple. Communication between people can be quite unpredictable.

I
Soulmate
Soulmate
I
Originally Posted By: Tylerjames
some times i wish i was gay because then i would understand what my partner wanted from me.

Been there. But sadly I am a boring straight guy.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Actually,

Quote:

are pretty good choices. Friendship is a good place to start.

T
OP Offline
T
I guess what i mean by you women (i dont mean to be sexist) and us men is that i understand what other guys my age are thinking about. I know that we have sex on our minds. I know that we watch dirty movies and all that. But i have no idea about women. I can relate to guys, but Im always one step behind with women.

My girlfriend recently left me. I had no idea anything was wrong! And the only explination she gave was "Your just not the right one," or "I just dont feel the same way anymore,"...

I guess noone here can tell me why she left me. noone here knows why she just stoped likeing me.

but what do you want, what makes you happy? what makes you stay with a person? And what makes you leave...

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Oh , I am sorry you were hurt.

Unfortunately the reason you get (if you get one at all) doesn't always help, or isn't what you want to hear, but it still may be a valid reason.

You said
Quote:
I had no idea anything was wrong! And the only explination she gave was "Your just not the right one," or "I just dont feel the same way anymore,"...

That may very well be her only explanation, peoples feelings change, maybe she really liked you but as time went on realized that it wasn't right for her. Things don't always end with a huge fight sometimes you just realize that you are going in different directions or your values are too different etc.

It of course is impossible to know what she was thinking, In my opinion you need to accept what she said and move on, and i know that's no what you want to hear but no one here as you said can tell you why she left because we don't know either of you.

I can also tell you you probably are not alone in
Quote:
But i have no idea about women. I can relate to guys, but Im always one step behind with women.

The best thing I can say is listen, that's the biggest thing I hear my friends complain about, but that's just one small circle of people . But listening is key in any communication.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Tylerjames
.... i just dont get it, what do you women want from us guys?

All three, and more ~ including the opportunity to share special moments, to talk, to cuddle ~ just for affection, to nurture someone we love, and to have a life-companion whom we can depend upon, and someone perhaps to have children with, and to travel with, and to come home to, but also to give us the freedom to be ourselves.

From my viewpoint, and this is not speaking for all women of course, I think that the important things in a relationship are trust, support & love.

With regards to a man, he must love his partner & be trustworthy, for a relationship to work. He must 'be there' for her during her highs and her lows.

Of course, I would say the same for women, too.

And there must be a willingness to share.
Burdens ~ physical, emotional, mundane, etc, must not just be on the one partner.

As for why your girl stopped liking you, that's a difficult one, but also a common one.

Why does someone fall in love?
It's a very difficult question to answer.

Why does someone fall out of love?
It's equally difficult to answer.

No-one can help who they fall in love with ~ and it may be someone great, or someone totally unsuitable.
Equally, no-one can force themselves to fall in love, or to stay in love, no matter how nice or suitable the other person is.

I'd agree with Coco's Mama.

Love is a very complex matter.
Ahd whether or not a couple stays together depends largely on this complex matter.

And in a relationship there is both liking and loving. One can like but not love, or even love but not like, I think.

What do you expect from yourself, your relationship and your girlfriend?
Your answers might help to illuminate your girlfriend's actions.

Now, I am beginning to sound as if I am on commission for John Gray, but I can tell you that reading books such as his has helped me to understand my husband and sons enormously. And there are others by different authors.
I read:
'Brain Sex: The Real Difference Between Men and Women' by Anne Moir & David Jessel.
'Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex' (& others) by John Gray.
'Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It' (& others) by Allan Pease & Barbara Pease.

These could be useful, too:
'Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love' by Helen Fisher
'The Secret Psychology of How We Fall in Love' by Paul Dobransky and L. A. Stamford
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Psychology-...0028&sr=1-5
The chemistry of love by by Michael R Liebowitz

http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Sex-Difference-Between-Women/dp/0385311834
http://www.amazon.com/Men-Mars-Women-Ven...9840&sr=1-6
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Listen-Women-...9926&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Love-Chemis...0028&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/chemistry-love-Michael-R-Liebowitz/dp/0316524301

Last edited by PDM; 11/15/08 02:56 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
T
OP Offline
T
Well thank you for your help. ill see about getting a book or two, thanks for the suggestions PDM.

I guess ill start some other threads with more specific questions. Please read them, and answer, i need answers... frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site