Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
I agree with you. I am a little self-conscious about clothing - not that I would dislike it, but that growing up poor, I don't have a lot of experience with "the good stuff."

But I do enjoy dressing for special occasions.

The most fun I think I had, in dressing, was for the street parades at Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida.

Marge is the love of my life.
M
M
Originally Posted By: PDM
You don't believe in mercy or pity??!

It's not that I do not believe in mercy or pity, because i do, but not in all cases. The No Mercy goes with the beginning of that quote, Truth and Justice. To me truth should always be preserved and justice should always be served and whenever the truth is covered up or justice is not delivered I believe there should be no mercy.

"Teneo haud fines finium"

"Veritas et Aequitas, Haud misericordia."

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Justice ~ maybe; but truth sometimes has to be covered up for the good of others. Lying to the Nazis about the presence of Jews, during WWII, springs to mind.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
M
M
Yes but truth and justice belong together. Lying to the Nazis about Jews was a necessity because it was a way to deliver as much justice as possible at the time. An example of what it is meant to effect is killers or rapists that get off because there was not enough evidence to convict them. Justice was not delivered and the truth was not brought forth and so they should have No Mercy.

"Teneo haud fines finium"

"Veritas et Aequitas, Haud misericordia."

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
So who determines that they are kllers or rapists (when there was not enough evidence to convict them)? The "justice and truth" vigilantes?

While the "vigilantes" may not be as low as rapists, they are about the same as killers, IMO.

L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
Wow, this topic has really taken a turn.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, it has, indeed.
My fault ~ sorry ~ for taking it off-topic.
I'll start a new thread to continue this discussion. smile

'No Pity? No Mercy?'
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=343844&#Post343844

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Carl
Do all women try to keep their significant others up to date in fashion - newer, fashionable color, better texture? And throw out socks and underwear you don't want the SO seen in if he/she gets taken to the hospital?

Does your SO get upset when tee shirts come up missing? Does he say, "Well, I can use that as my mowing (or painting, or fishing, or hunting...) shirt!"? ....

Best Friend
Best Friend
I try to buy new things for my hubbie, but he has a pretty decent sense of fashion. He's also very aware of hygiene, which I guess I'm very blessed with!

I'm the one he has problems with though. =P I'm so small and petite, so it's can be hard to find clothes that fit. Either they fit good but rise up with movements, showing off my undies or tattoo (hehe) or the jeans ride too low and the same problem occurs! He usually tags along behind me and drags up or down my clothes to be more appropriate.

Although I guess it's not too much my size, but just me not really caring. If it feels good to wear, I usually don't bother with the thought of how it might rise up when I move or bend over. This drives him nuts though. To which I can understand, but it's pretty hard to replace a whole wardrobe!

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Yes, he does seem to have problems. I guess it is a cultural thing, though. And we all have our blind spots, or thing which trigger emotions.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site