Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: *helwa

I do have a hall closet that hasnt been touched since we moved in. i scared of it.
ROFL! I feel that way about much of our garage! (It's hubby's turf, but for one small corner for my gardening stuff.) There are far corners of the garage that I've never set foot in and never will!

Carl, your "Colors 2007" photos are lovely. I'm thinking New Hampshire, maybe, or Maine?

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Ditto on the pictures. I love the 3 pic on the left it's almost perfect. I would blow that up and frame it.

Best Friend
Best Friend
Oh those are all such pretty photos! smile

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Thanks. Yep. We started at Old Orchard Beach (we stayed there while visiting our grandkids in South Portland) and went on into New Hampshire. Marge had a travel nurse contract in Rochester NH in the Fall of 2002 (and we lived in Dover). We like to go up for the colors, but had to cancel plans to go this year - finance too tight. Not even getting to go to Key West.

Marge takes some good photos! I've been meaning to take some pics of Marge's decorating here at the house.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Sorry, I went back a page, and saw I'd already mentioned having to cancel our Colors trip this year. Memory is the 2nd thing to go for old men. I forget what the first thing was.

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Andrea, that's a mighty colorful scene in your avatar! I was stationed in Long Beach in 1966, and again in 1969 (aboard ships).

Last edited by Carl; 10/02/08 01:35 AM. Reason: might to mighty

Soulmate
Soulmate
I love to re-arrange things, but I have found that the house we moved to, there seems to be only one or maybe two ways things can be, so I just began to feel depressed at not being able to re-arrange my house. Well, that is, until recently, lol.

I have several books, stuff on fung shui, how to declutter, and how to bring happiness into your home by moving things around. I decided to re-arrange my kitchen cupboards. I felt so much better about how things were once I was finished. It was like I put the items where they really belonged (Meaning, I might never be re-arranging them again), but the joy that I get from my husband and sons searching for the cups, and cereal, things like that, makes me think I ought to do this more often. They believe that you never have to re-arrange unless a TV or similar item comes into the home.

I just spent the past few weeks redecorating my foyer. It was dark, with black shadows in all the corners even in the brightest days of summer. My husband decided to redo our tiles and clean up the mold caused by the water damage on our ceilings. I am so glad that we did this work, because now, instead of passings through as fast as possible, or upper hallway, stairs, and foyer, now it's bright, cheery, and I feel so much more happier. I feel bright, and cheery as I pass though, and even linger in the rooms just a bit, to admire all our hard work. Now, I am looking forward to putting up the Fall and Halloween decorations. I didn't even bother the past couple of years, the foyer was just dreary and depressing, and the decorations only looked sad and forlorn in the dark foyer.

I am looking forward to transforming other rooms in my house, even if I can't actually do much re-arranging, I can make some sort of changes that will reflect my personality.

1EleanorRigby

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
I personally think that arranging to feed your own soul - and those whom you love - is more important than "decorating" to fit into someone else's sense of style, or what some potential buyer will like. Right now it is your home. You decide. And if it feels right to you, it is beautiful. If it is not to someone else, than maybe they are out of balance.

I remember that the home that Marge and I remodeled and decorated to include both her presence and mine was admired by almost everyone who entered the home. Yet, the realtors all thought it should be different when we wanted to sell.

And of course the designers on the tv shows always think that the colors are wrong! You must take out the bright colors and put in neutral colors. Ha! Yet, on the shows where they are recommending styles for you in a remodel, notice they want to go with bright, cheerful colors. I think it is often like fashion - gotta change every year so someone can make money.

As for your glee watching your hubby and sons searching for cups and cereal and the like, maybe it's good payback. <grin> Marge tells how she would look in the freezer for a tupperware container of cookies and find nothing but crumbs! Or a jug of drink put back in the refrigerator with less than a swallow left. Other examples, but I'm sure you're familiar with the picture.

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Well, Halloween is over, and it's coming up on time to replace all the Fall flags & pennants and decorations with Christmas ones. Joy, joy!

Well, anyone who knows me knows that I gripe about it, but I do like the look of it - after the work is done.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Birdie, I know exactly how you feel - I am always rearranging things until I reach that sense of 'rightness' - it's like AHA, this is where something goes! And then there it stays.

It does drive DH nuts.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site