Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
ROFL!!

Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Carl I hope you know that I was trying to be funny.
I actually have a sister-in-law that changes her furniture around all the time. I probably drive her crazy when she sees my stuff in the same place it landed when we moved into the house or like Coco's mom said if you get a new piece of furniture. The only thing is with the new piece of furniture is it is usually replacing the old piece so guess where it goes.
The thing is my hubby is also happy that I'm not moving the furniture around all the time so it works out just fine for us.
However now down in the bird room that was a different story for awhile with moving and building new cages all the time. So instead of driving me and hubby nuts I just drive the birds nuts.
I am probably going to end up feeling guilty not putting stuff out for the holidays but there's not a lot I can do about that this year. I'll make up for it next year.
I do have to tell you guys what I did for trick or treat a few years ago.
We put a bale of straw on our porch and I bought burlap and made a sack and painted a scare crow face on it. I bought a straw hat and put on boots, jeans, a big flannel shirt big gloves with straw sticking out. Put the burlap sack over my head put on the staw hat and then sat slumped on the hale bay. When the little kids came I waved and you should have heard the parents it was so funny (I did not say anything) they made the comments like I wonder how they get it to do that. Well we had 3 boys come they were probably around 11 or 12 years old . They were making the comments about how neat the scare crow was and started walking towards me well I jumped up and you would not believe how fast they took off running. We still laugh about it. All I kept thinking was how they were probably talking the rest of the evening to each other saying were you scared then they would reply no I wasn't were you?

My name is Connie
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
By the way Carl my real name is Connie.
Birds are: Tiki, Zorro, Fez, Cisco, Bam Bam, Tony, Cleo, Poncho, Tweety, Penny, Lymond, Beaker, Peeps (all Parakeets) Then Nacho and Tonto our cockatiels. None bird owners are amazed that I have them all named and know each one but they really do all look different.

My name is Connie
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
OMgosh funny Halloween story, it's my favourite holiday any chance to wear a costume lol.

I can't remember all your birds names so i def. would not be able to tell them apart, but you see them all the time and your a good paraket mama so u know .

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Whew! Good to know, Connie! I was afraid I committed a faux pas. I try to be politically correct, but I sometimes seem to insert my foot into my mouth. But I'd rather that my heart is right than my words PC.

CM, as for redecorating and what it means, Marge watches an awful lot of HGTV and the Food Network and .... And she and her artist sister both have good eyes. There may well be a difference between placing a vase (or other accessory) at a certain spot and moving of existing furniture or new furniture.

Yes, Trippi now has her blankie back, and has figured out the new patterns so she can run to her selected spots for tolls (pets) as I go through the living room (either direction, or both).

Connie, that is a funny Halloween story.

But the part that affects me is the moving of furniture and the hanging of flags and the like and pennants.

Oh, yeah, pennants are like sports banners. Windsocks are flags in the shape of a sock or cone that the wind catches and stretches it out. Marge has seasonal covers that velcro close over our mailbox. She only does this for special times, as our mailbox has art painted on it by Marge's sister, Rosanne.

Last edited by Carl; 09/18/08 05:23 AM. Reason: Had a double negative

Marge is the love of my life.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
OHHHH I see okay, I have never seen a mailbox cover ever, then.

I think I have seen pennants, but not for sports, some people have a little flag usu. square jutting off the porch or so and often they have Winnie the Pooh or Snowmen at Christmas etc. on them.

I am happy for Trippi, I too had a fav. blanket growing up it was an event for my Mother to wash it :))))

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
We decorate the house for Christmas.

Also for parties.

And I light up a hollowed pumpkin in the porch for Hallowe'en.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
i am constantly rearranging stuff. I have to try all possible combinations.

Thankfully i dont do a whole lot of holiday decorating as i dont celebrate the holidays. But I do decorate for the seasons. (pumpkins, leaves, blue snowmen stuff, snow flakes etc..)

I have a mother who is obsessed beyond human understanding with decorations, so she has given me a ton of stuff.

I have it all in a box for each season. MY summer stuff has been put away now and my fall stuff is out. I bought a bag of gourds and small pumpkins at the farmers market to sit on the dining room table along with some nice rust and yellow colored roses.

and i change out the welcome mats LOL and the small carpets through out the house. (hallway runners, kitchen sink and stove and so on)

I do "ramadan" cleaning. I go through the house, re organize things, and get rid of anything ive not used in the last year. I always end up with a bag of clothes and shoes and some other random things and then give it away to the mosque.

I cleaned the laundry room, found tons of socks and a disturbing amount of dryer sheets. (haha)

I re arranged my entire kitchen a few days ago and its much better than it was, has more flow to it now. I got rid of some dishes i dont need or use, and that was so not easy. (im a dish collecter, i think its genetic lol)

I do have a hall closet that hasnt been touched since we moved in. i scared of it.

*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
oh man connie that is too funny !!!!!!!! My mom has one of those blasted door bell things that make horrid noises when you ring the door bell.

her dog literaly ran into a wall tryin to escape the shrill scream.

however, neither of the dogs EVER go to the door now when the door bell rinsg HAHA

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
The last few years, we would go up to the NorthEast U.S. around September to October to see the Fall Colors (and see family). With money tight, we had to cancel our plans this year. So I don't begrudge Marge's love of beauty.

She (and I - we merged our two households in early 1995) have lots of bric-a-brac and decorations and accessories that can be displayed - too much for any one time.

Colors 2007

Last edited by Carl; 09/19/08 12:25 PM.

Marge is the love of my life.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site