Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I just finished cleaning up a whole bunch of puke.

Why?

Because my 3 yr old thinks it's funny to gag himself and accidentally makes himself vomit. This isn't the first time.

It makes me vomit,and there ends up being vomit on everything, because he won't stay in the washroom. My whole house stinks, my throat is burning, my stomach hurts.

I heard hyserical laughing and the gagging and ran into the room too late to stop him.

WHAT IS HE THINKING?

How can I make him understand THIS IS NOT FUNNY!

I could throttle him right now I am so angry and grossed out!!!!!

Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
don't beat or punish him.try to find out what's troubling him.is there a new baby or pet in the house.is there any problems in your private relationship/.sometimes kids will act out if none of these apply then you souled seek medical help.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I don't ever lay hands on him, I dont think that is a good discipline.

There isnt anything psychological or physical. He saw someone breifly after, stuff happened before with me.

It's simple, the sound he can make when he puts his fingers down his throat? He thinks it's funny.
So he does it over and over, and then ends up puking, but not on purpose.
He doesn;t puke everytime. It is so gross. You would think he would stop doing it, since it's kinda a self punishing behaviour.

Srsly? Doesn't is burn and feel unpleasant? sheesh.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i know that there's a lot of things going on with you personally (from previous discussions) and think he may be reacting to the environment. Do you guys spend fun quality time together? I know what you mean about puking...my nephew was sick one day and he would just barf out of nowhere...fortunately my sister was around and she was able to clean it up---she hated it but she did b/c that's what mom's do. Do you get breaks from one another and does he do this with other people?

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
yea, he does it with other people too, like I said, he thinks it's hilarious.

We spent time together, and apart, at home, and out. Lately we have been spending more time together.

I have to admit, i wasn't the greatest mom before, kinda self involved in my own misery. Then I went to the hospital, and I've slowly been taking over more responsibility with him.

He started doing this a while ago, and he does it when he meets new kids to impress them. It's a huge joke to him.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
do you take things away from him when he does it? He may just have to grow out of it unfortunately. The next time it happens especially in front of new kids, remove him from the situation as punishment. if he sees the other kids having fun and he can't b/c of his actions that may make him straighten up.

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
something my son was forced to do when he got to be around 4yo was when he was bad, we made him do squats. Oh he hated us with a passion but he soon learned to not do that type of behavior. 3yo may be too young for that but an idea for the future. It also builds up their leg muscles!! smile

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
lol, actually I havent punished him for it, because I figured there was a natural consequence you know?

NORMAL people find vomitting unpleasant! *sigh* I will never understand the minds of male children. NEVER.

I don't want to be mean and punish him fo rpuking, but seriously! c'mon kid!

thanks for letting me vent, lol...I will punish him for it next time...Maybe, um...yea punishment isnt my thing...

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
kids need to learn boundaries and removing him from the situation or giving a time out is not going to hurt him. He may seem like he's dying but he's not. You're not hitting him just showing him that behaviour is unacceptable. my son used to beat his head on the ground but we had to show him that was unacceptable by putting him in time out and then explaining to him why his behaviour wasn't working. Give it a try...if not things could become worse and i'm sure you don't want that!!

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
428pm Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
no no no....not worse!! lol!

Actaully, I am on a nanny site, lol researching 'effective time outs' hopefully this will work.

So like after his bath and everything, I would give him a time out? aww.....poor kid....

but still, I am desperate to make this nonsense stop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site