Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#324265 09/04/08 03:39 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hello im Shayne im 18 and from Australia.

I have came here i guess seeking help and advice i guess.
I have been with this one girl for 2 years she is the love of my life i know it after about 23 months of being together at the time i kissed another girl i was not thinking at the time and i realised really quick and left but i am a selfish... you know what anyway this girl lets call her Bullet, that'll do anyways she told my fionce' and she confronted me about it and i lied to her that it didn't happen, her parents, my parents her friends, my friends.

She has forgiven me over the past month i have been through hell i know its my fault but the heartbreak is amazingly hurtful even for us guys, anyway after 3 weeks i told her i did it and she didn't have the best reaction at the start of our relationship i promised i would always tell her if i did something i don't know why i couldn't do it. This kiss always pops into her head and it kinda breaks me and herself no doubt i would like to hear from another girl on here if this has happened to them, and what they're views and waht they did in their situation if that is okay,the kiss didn't mean anything it was just something totally who is not me i never thought i could do something like that to the love of my life. i am sorry i regret it if i could turn back time i would of never let it happen but unfortunately i cannot do that she has said many harsh things to me and i dont know if what i want to do is run away, i want to break up with her i think she deserves better we have been through alot, more then a normal couple would go through, at the age of 16 i was assaulted and lost the eye sight in my eye(lefT) and she stuck by me through it and if i guess you can remember to that age would of been a hard thing to do, i know she loves me she knows i love her and im sorry but i hate seeing her like this, i can't bare it is the best thing i can do leave her? at the same time i don't want to but im scared she will leave me and she will never trust me again, what is a relationship without trust?

Im sorry if this post is a bit all over the place but i am a mess.

I hope for some quick replies thank you muchly.

N
N
That's a tough one.

The way i see it you have to ways of doing this. You can leave her or she leaves you, she may not be able to forgive you.

Or you can both move on, put the past behind you and learn to trust again.

This won't be easy at all and with all the emotions flying round it will be even harder but if you love each other enough the relationship maybe strong enough to endure this set back.

Either way you both need sit down and talk to each other about it and let each other know how you guys feel. Right it sounds like staying together is very painful for the both of you, breaking up might be the better option? I don't know but you will need to talk to her very soon.

Nicky #324284 09/04/08 05:14 PM
I
OP Offline
I
We do talk she has forgiven me, but it just pops up in her head randomly and she says stuff she wouldn't normally say which is what tears me apart, i want the relationship to continue though but if im going to get me heart broke alot even though its my fault i dont want to have to go through that i've been through so much

P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I agree with Nicky's advice.

Which would be more painful, to continue as is, or to break up?

#324289 09/04/08 05:32 PM
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
It seems you have to gain her trust back. Talk it over and then decide to not bring it up again b/c it will only hurt the relationship if she has truly forgiven you. If she will not stop bringing it up, suggest taking time apart to figure out if she will ever forgive you. hope this makes sense.

-Lisa
Charlie(keet)RIP 6/16/09
Arseus(keet)
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)
N
N
You can only take so much before you crack. She obviously has not totally forgiven you and she certainly hasn't forgot it, she may never be able to let this down.

I know you don't want to hear this but maybe a break up is the best way forward? Only you can make that choice but its not fair on either of you living off bad feelings because that just gut you and leave you for dead.

#324320 09/04/08 06:45 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Shayne smile

People are human and in certain situations things can happen that wouldn't usually happen.

You kissed a girl. You didn't let it go any further than that one kiss. You knew that you had too much to lose to let anything more happen. You know that you love the girl you are with.

However, she knows that you kissed someone else and may worry that this could happen again and that, next time, you may not stop at one kiss.

She has forgiven you, but has not really come to terms with it.

You are only 18 ~ that is very young, and I'm guessing that your girlfriend is a similar age (~ and you have been together for nearly two years ~ that is a long time at your age). You need to realise that emotions run high when you are in your teens and cannot always be controlled.

In the same way that your emotions allowed you to get carried away enough to kiss another girl, her emotions may make her feel insecure and possibly a little jealous.

You do, however, sound like a mature couple. Do you want to try to work through this together, or would you be willing to see it come to an end? As Pudgie's Mum asked: 'Which would be more painful, to continue as is, or to break up?'

You need to sit down with your girlfriend and talk this whole matter out ~ what happened, your current feelings and fears, etc, etc.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #325097 09/07/08 04:04 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for all the replies, we sat down and had a bit of chat, we are going to continue for a bit and see where it ends up!

So far its been good it has no been brung up at all everything seems to be getting back to normal, i actaully stated that you do deserve better and she said i don't so i was quite happy, even though she does.

Thank you for the help i shall stay around and help people who helped me
xo

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
GOOD LUCK! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
I can't add anything to the the good advice you got on this forum. It is really good that things are getting back to normal. Your comments on here were very candid and gave a sincere glimpse into just how sorry you were and how much you love her. If your girlfriend read your post I am sure she would have an even deeper understanding of how you view your actions and where you want your relationship to go. Sometimes it's hard to believe what a person says to our face, but it is different when they read what you have said to others in desperation.

Cookie and Sweetie
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site