RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Alexx Offline OP
OP Offline
A
recently i've rediscovered a friend of mine from elementary school, and well last time we saw each other we just got out of pampers, and into reg underwear. I saw her recently and was like , we talked, i found out why she moved all those years ago and how she's been doing, lots of stories related and asking about old friends and stuff blah blah blah

then there's someone I just met like a few months ago and we've been dating for a while but i dont know........we're close and all but I don't want to like, let go of her or anything

it's just hard in my mind cause talkign to my old friend there's an attraction of sorts (she said so) and to the current lady it's cool and all but not serious yet I don't know wha to do with it i guess I wasn't clear enough
we knew each other when we were little, she moved away to where i've currently movd to and we caught up and started talking again blah blah blah and got close

it's weird i'm sorry

sometimes i confuse myself

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Alex.

You have put this in the 'friends' section, but it seems that you are wondering if this really is a 'friendly' relationship, or has the potential to be something more.

You said, in June, that you had another 'friend' with whom you wanted a relationship ~ is this the girl you are currently dating?
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...5535#Post305535

When one is dating, it is not considered appropriate to be interested in someone else, unless all parties are comfortable with this. However, one cannot help but be attracted to whomever one is attracted to.

People deal with this in different ways. Some have affairs or 'two-time'. Others make a choice. Some may date one after the other, of course ~ I'm not sure how good that would be for the two people being decided upon, but it happens in life.

So, is this the scenario ~ or have I got it wrong?
~ You are dating a girl, who you like, but are not that sure you really want to date.
~ You have met up with an old friend and you think you might like to date her.

If so, then it isn't fair to date a girl while you know that you are interested in someone else ~ and that someone else knows how you feel, too. It could be really embarrassing for her.

I think that you should either tell the 'old friend' that you are committed to your existing relationship, and see her just as a friend, or you tell the girl you are dating that you have met someone else. Otherwise it isn't fair on her (the girl you are dating). But that's just my opinion ~ only you can decide what you are going to do.

Which girl do you like better?
Which girl would you miss more if she moved away?

Can you even really answer these questions, if you have only just met the 'new' girl ~ after all, it has been a long time since you were friends?

Either way, if you are not 100% sure that you enjoy going out with the girl you are dating, is it fair to go on being boyfriend & girlfriend?

Do you mind asking how old you are?
If you are still in your teens, confusion can be the norm.
Very few people make long term decisions about life partners during this time. It is usual for people to date a number of other people ~ but, as you realise, one at a time!

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site