RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
ive been married for almost 2 yrs now..its my 2nd marrige....the first one didnt work out becasue we didnt have the same idea of what family should be..we was to young,,too young..we thought of are selves more then the other...with my 2nd marrige,,its soo great..we like alot of the same things and we just laugh at each other all the time..yes i said "at each other" if you cant laugh at the stupid stuff you do and what your hubby does. its not much fun..we think of each other. like how the other would feel ....also what was made are's work so well is we have Rules for each other... some of are rules are about friends, like he can not have a friend thats a girl and i cant have a friend that a boy, unlease its a family member or somehting in that line..see bouth are ex's cheated on us , so that was a rule we was both happy to make.. there are other rules, but we both agreed happily about each rule we make....also when im about to do something i ask my self "how would i feel or act if my hubby did this" asking your self this helps out on not having fights.....You well fight..alot!!! over small things and big. thats normal..its being about to look bcak at the fight and laugh. and never walk out on each other, stay ,nomatter how hard it is ,stay and fight it out.... and last but not least...make sure the good, all ways out waighs the bad!!!!! hope this helps hehe

S
Friend
Friend
S
Okay, I came back to look at the keet medical stuff and a link to this caught my eye. A friend of mine recently got married and my husband and I put together a list for her:

It's less painful to accept house rules than not.

Nagging can be avoided by remembering your partner's pet peeves.

It doesn't matter if he leaves the seat up.

If you want something done, start it yourself and hope your partner will fix the mistakes.

Arguments aren't for winning.

An agreement to disagree is still an agreement.

Having an excuse is like flying a kite--your partner just watches it blow in the wind.

The well-being of your partner comes before fun.

Just because he's yours doesn't mean you own him.

Similarly, just because she's yours doesn't mean you own her.

Saying "Sorry...." and meaning it isn't as hard as it sounds (even if you think it's not your fault.)

You really can't change a man... but if he knows what's best, he'll change himself.

The woman is NOT always right--just 95% of the time.

Love it.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
And never go to sleep without making up, if you have had an argument!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
lol love them

Soulmate
Soulmate
I have no good advice that hasn't already been given. I'm actually horrible to be with lol.

But congratulations on your new marriage!

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
The more you have to work at it, the more it isn't working. I know that sounds idiotic and circular but I can't think of another way to put it. Communication and clarity are, nevertheless, key.

L
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Do not hang on to pride if you love oneanother.

P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: masseur ichi
The more you have to work at it, the more it isn't working. I know that sounds idiotic and circular but I can't think of another way to put it. Communication and clarity are, nevertheless, key.
I agree, sadly. I think that there can definitely be a point of no return -- endlessly analyzing and arguing can become exhausting and can seem utterly pointless.

So when do you give up?

And are you working at it because one person is selfish and insensitive, or because you're both just having a communication breakdown? In the latter case, maybe a little more work might lead to a breakthrough that could save the marriage (or not...)...

P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
One lesson I've learned from marriage is to try your best to have a very open and honest discussion before getting married about setting boundaries with relatives.

Everyone's heard the stories about the "mama's boy" husband who can't really function without his mother playing a key role in the marriage, but less extreme situations can be a major problem, too:

(1) Your brother-in-law has a key to your house for emergencies but you come back from vacation and there he is on your couch, simply because he "needed to get away from the wife."
(2) His niece gets $100 gift for high school graduation but my nephew only "deserves" $25.
(3) Aunt Bertha drops by unexpectedly every Sunday -- it thus becomes "expected" but you're still inconvenienced.
(4) Various brothers keep "crashing" at your house every time they're in town; the stays are never to visit you but rather to buy a vehicle, see a concert, party with old buddies, etc.
(5) Uncle Joe has yet another "crisis" for which your spouse has to drop everything (including your dinner plans) and go see him; this has happened six times this summer......

I understand that we all want to "be there" for our relatives, but I think that the marriage should come first and foremost.

Okay - done ranting! smile

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: Pudgie's mom
[L]ess extreme situations can be a major problem, too:

(1) Your brother-in-law has a key to your house for emergencies but you come back from vacation and there he is on your couch, simply because he "needed to get away from the wife."
(2) His niece gets $100 gift for high school graduation but my nephew only "deserves" $25.
(3) Aunt Bertha drops by unexpectedly every Sunday -- it thus becomes "expected" but you're still inconvenienced.
(4) Various brothers keep "crashing" at your house every time they're in town; the stays are never to visit you but rather to buy a vehicle, see a concert, party with old buddies, etc.
(5) Uncle Joe has yet another "crisis" for which your spouse has to drop everything (including your dinner plans) and go see him; this has happened six times this summer......

This stuff gets under one's skin after awhile. Filial loyalty means different things to different families, too. This can create issues as couples try to "equalize" the differences. You won't understand it until you're married.

Originally Posted By: PDM
And never go to sleep without making up, if you have had an argument!

Agreed, never go to sleep angry!

Last edited by masseur ichi; 08/05/08 01:34 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site