Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
K
[font:Century Gothic]okay, here goes: so there's this guy I've known since sixth grade, and In sixth grade I was new to California cuz i just moved from Oregon. Few weeks into the school year he told me he liked me, but I didn't even know his name then so i said "i don't know you, but thanks for liking me?" he seemed pretty bummed but he tried to play it cool and just smiled. But then after that we got to be pretty close friends, talking on AIM and stuff, and we talked a lot during class too. I started liking him towards the end of the year but when i asked him whether he liked anybody now he said "no," so I was pretty sad. :[ and then in seventh grade the only class i had with him was Math, but we didn't get to move around much becuase we ALWAYS had to stay in the same seats so I didn't get to talk to him much. but then in eigth grade, that was when everything got all complicated!!!:p In eigth grade we had three classes together-- math, history, and language arts. In the beginning of the year it was kind of akward for us to tlk to teach other and stuff becuase we hadn't talked much either in seventh grade or during summer break, so it was liek starting a new friendship. But then like a month after school started i would often catch him staring at me during class and i was like," um...are you okay?" and then he looked really embarassed and stuff and after that he stopped looking at me. But then after he stopped I got kind of sad that he wasn't trying to make eye contact with me or anything so I kept on trying to make eye contact with him and stuff during class **i know, i'm really weird lol!! XP** and then i realized that I really liked him, so I told my friends about it and they started to bother him, asking him who he liked and stuff and I could tell he was getting pretty annoyed--they even pulled his hair to get him to say who he liked!!! i was pretty xxxxxx about that and my friends apologized to him and stuff but still I was pretty angry. Then after that my interest in him started dwindling becuase I thought he didn't like me becuase of all the stuff my friends did to him, but soon after the hair-pulling incident i caught him staring at me in class AGAIN. Then around april we had a class project that took us four weeks to finish and he was in my group. We went over to this girl's house to work on the project since she had the biggest house and she was also in my group, and we always sat next to each other and even if his friends asked him to sit next to them he always came over to me and told me jokes and made me laugh. i was really happy and then we started talking a lot and hanging around each other during school too. And then on my birthday he gave me milk chocolate **MY FAVORITE** and congratulated me, lol. then around the end of May was when the ball really started rolling-- My best friend ((with my permission of course)) told the guy on AIM that I liked him, and I've liked him ever since sixth grade **skipping seventh, that was when I didn't like ANYBODY**. she gave me a copy of their conversation and I could totally tell that he was trying to act cool but was pretty happy to find out that i liked him for that long :]. And then the next day he talked to me on AIM and he casually asked me to go to this event at school—I didn’t notice till later but he first asked me where I lived, and then when I told him he said “Oh, because I’m going to the Oscar Awards thing at school.” **and according to my friend he asked me becuase he had wanted to walk with me to our school to attend the event** And I said that I couldn’t go because I had something that day and I had to stay until seven, which is pretty late. And he replied, “Oh, okay…but you don’t have to stay until seven, you know.” But then I still said no, and then while we were on the Oscar awards thing it reminded me of kung FU panda and I asked him whether he had watched it yet and he said no, but if I wanted to go watch it then he would go with me. I was surprised that he asked me but I said yes, and we planned to go on a Saturday. But then on the day we were supposed to go he didn’t come, saying that he didn’t know where the theater was. I was like o_o and I asked him why he didn’t tell me earlier and he said ,”My friend knows where it is, and he was supposed to come with me but he just called to say that he can’t.” I was annoyed so I told him that he wouldn’t be able to watch it with me since there was like five minutes left until the movie started. And he said, “Yeah…I’m really sorry—maybe next time?” and I said “yeah. Maybe.” and then I hung up. But fortunately I had brought my friend with me since I didn’t want to be alone with the guy, so I watched it with her. But after that incident my friends had been trying to get both of us to go someplace together by asking both of us to go somewhere with them and then leaving us alone so we would get some “privacy.” Hah. And everytime my friends asked him to come somewhere he always, ALWAYS asked ,”Is Emily **my name** coming?” and if they hadn’t asked me yet or if I hadn’t received permission from my parents yet then they said, “We don’t’ know yet.” And he always replied with ,”well, if Emily goes then I’ll go.” So this time I asked him to go to this amusement park with me and some of my friends and he automatically said “sure!” and he sounded pretty happy about it. So here’s my question: does he like me or not? I mean based on what I wrote here it seems pretty obvious, but nowadays on AIM he doesn’t really talk to me that much anymore, and during the last few weeks of school he didn’t talk to me much… And whenever I tried to sit next to him or something he kinda moved away to sit next to his friends or something.. ;_; Any suggestions? [/font]

Last edited by PDM; 06/21/08 03:10 PM.

Soulmate
Soulmate
Maybe all of the friends in the mix are making him self conscious. Sounds like he likes you, so just assume he does and be yourself. Ask him to go with you for ice cream or a movie again and see what happens.

Cookie and Sweetie
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
try to go on a date with just u 2

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Kisa_411,

Yes, I think that Jo could be right. With all the friends involved, he may feel a bit awkaward, and with all the misunderstandings & missed chances, he may wonder if you really like him.

You are both very young and I think that this kind of thing is very common at your age. I know that at this age it is difficult to speak direct to the boy ~ or girl ~ concerned, but it is for the best. It can help stop the misunderstandings.

When other people are exchanging messages for you, they can get mixed up.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
K
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
K
well i mentioned this in an earlier post in the parakeet section, but i'll just re-post it here:

I'm moving away soon, so I was looking for a reliable person to keep my keets. I finally entrusted them to him becuase his dad is a vet and he has had a few pets before, even if they weren't birds.

So i'm going over to his house in July, a week before i move, and i was planning to tell him about everything and how much I like him then at his house where none of my friends can "interfere." haha

Also, I'm coming back in four years to go to college in America, so he can think about what i said and do whatever he wants. Good idea? laugh

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
A lot can happen in four years.

Tell him how you feel now ~ yes, that's fine ~ but don't assume that either you or he will feel the same, about anything, after four years has passed by.

Time will tell.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
A
A
I agree with PDM. You'll have to wait and see.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site