RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#299006 06/07/08 02:25 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Uh... Ahm... I have a problem with my family.. My mom and I got an misunderstanding. It is because of my sisters. It's lunch time, but I can't eat because of my ulcer. I fell asleep then when I woke up, I'm ready to eat. But there's no food left for me. My sister shouted at me, " [censored]" then I walked out. I didn't eat and went in my room. In the afternoon, my mom went in my room, telling me to eat with my grandma, but I refuse. I hate to eat when I'm in a bad mood. Then my mom said, " Your attitude is bad! Don't eat!" I got hurt because I know I'm bad, but it is very hard to accept those words, came from your mother, who knows you well. I keep on crying. Then on the next day, my friend came in my house just to ask for a CD burn. Well, I think, she's just coming in my house when she needs something. I hate it, but I let her to come in. She knew that I'm in a bad mood. I want to tell her about my problem, but I just can't becase I know, she will tell my mom. My mom probably thinks that I don't want her to stay with us. We grew up with our grandparents. She went abroad to worked. My parents were seperated and both of them were having their own families. I never see my dad more than 10 years.. There are many parts of my personality is still missing. It is very hard to grow without them. My mom and I were not close. I hate this situation! Were always quarelling. She's always putting me down. She reminds me the wrong thing that I've done. I can't understand her. Until now, we'er not talking with each other. I'm not going outside. Please give me an advice. I don't know what to do. Sometimes, they don't know my worth and I want them to know my worth because it always kill me.

LourelleValdez
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Lourelle ~ welcome. smile

It's a fact of life that sisters squabble and daughters rebel against their mothers.

But I'll just make a few comments in response to what I have read.

Your Mum went away to work. You may well have felt abandoned and you might still resent her for this. Now that she has returned, you may feel that she has given up the right to tell you what to do.

But consider ~ why did she go away to work?
Was it to earn money to help raise you and your sister?

As a mother, I know that this would be a lot to cope with ~ not seeing your little ones grow up ~ and then having them resent you when you return.

If you don't see your father, either, that may make matters worse.

Now that you have your Mum back, try to build bridges, so that you may develop a good relationship.

If there is a disagreement, try to be objective as you explain yourself.

If you are ill with an ulcer, then this will affect your food needs and your mood, too. Perhaps your family needs to understand this better.

On the occasion that you describe, if your attitude to your mother was negative, then her response may have been negative, too. Parents are only human ~ just grown-up kids. Sometimes their offspring find it hard to accept this.

Maybe you need to ask her to have a heart-to-heart with you, where you can discuss the things that have been missing in both of your lives, and how you can get on better, so that you can make up for lost time and not waste the present opportunity that you actually do have to be together.

It may not be easy, but I'm guessing that it would be worth it.

Good luck!
smile

Last edited by PDM; 06/09/08 11:25 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site