RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#298250 06/04/08 11:59 PM
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I am newly single (7 months), after a pretty nasty divorce and now I'm not sure if I'm even date worthy. I have two young children, both with special needs and I'm pretty opinionated and outspoken. I find that most men hate that in a woman or at least the ones I've met. I critique books for a living and I'm also writing my second book with the first book now copyrighted and filed within the Library of Congress Copyright Office. So far, the few dates I've been on, I just don't feel intellectually challenged (a problem I had with my ex husband) and now I'm beginning to wonder, am I date worthy? Is there someone out there that can get me and what's important in my life? I am great to be around, I'm very loyal. But most of all, I want to love someone. Does that person exist and if they do, would I be worthy enough for them to want to be with me? So many questions.

Best Friend
Best Friend
Hmm I read your post before going to take my bath. The steam and my own life gave me something to share with you. I have a rare skin condition that makes me look like a bad burn all the time. So that made me undatable; so I thought. No one even touched me in high school and people often walk to the other side of the street when they see me.
That said... I have a hubby! We met online and married 4 years ago.
Dating is not what it used to be. Its get in and get out. So I bucked up and told myself that anyone who will stay around for more than 3 dates is worth alot. I went through many over 100 Yes I kept count LOL the 100th one is my hubby.

For you it is a time to focus on you! Get to know yourself and focus on your good qualities about yourself.
Sounds like you are looking for why your guy didnt stay. Well he didnt, but another might just be looking for your confident and knowledgable qualities.
I cant have kids. Maybe another guy realy would like to have a family.
Dont beat yourself up for what life has given you right now. Focus on making you the best you that you are;shopping, spiritual help, time with your kids..and then time will open up new oprtunities. Maybe you want to try an online dating site; just to test the water. I know that is tabu for some. I believe there are some safe paid dating sites now.
We are with you. You can always come back here and chat.
Hugs to you Dentwoboys

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Dentwoboys.

From what you said, recently, about his treatment of your bird, it sounds as if your ex had problems of his own ~ so you certainly can't be blamed for that!

And after only 7 months, you might, perhaps, be better off thinking more about yourself, as Pinksnowme said, and not even considering men for a while ~ but that's just my opinion.

Pamper yourself. Go out with the girls. Enjoy your kids and your pets. Try to forget about men altogether, if possible. Things have a habit of brightening up when you least expect it. To find a man who will love you for you ~ and all that goes with you ~ you need to just be yourself and do your own thing. Then you might just bump into a man and find out that it's his thing, too.

To be honest, I don't think that anyone is undatable. There is someone out there for everyone ~ but sometimes they might be difficult to find.

As for 'special needs' kids, have you seen Katie Price and Peter Andre? He has adopted her son, who was apparently ignored by his real father ~ and he adores him. It's mutual. too.
http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20070411...rveys-real-dad/
http://celebritybabies.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/26/kphjt1_cbb_2_3.jpg

I have read, though, that strong, intelligent women do find it difficult to meet compatible men. But intelligent men do exist, and they also need compatible women. smile

Last edited by PDM; 06/05/08 07:12 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #301666 06/15/08 06:28 AM
Friend
Friend
Date worthy....date worthy. In high school, there are standards to be date worthy(so they say, I think thats stupid), in a business place, dress to sucess, but someone can look the best they can, and still fail at an interveiw. the mentally challenged(people like me), are we date worthy, or we just here to look stupid? No. Do the jocks, or other cool people, have anything to say on how we should pick a date? No. Do the mentally challenge love? Yes. Are you date worthy? ???

To me, you are surronding yourself with stuff such as these questions and fear that is sufficating your confidence. You asking yourself qustions that your own heart knows the answers know. You have two children that need special needs, i can understand cause i needed special needs in high school and middle school.

You say you are great to be around. From the sound of that, you have friends, maybe some of them are guys. Maybe, just maybe, one of them likes you for who you are.

You say you are loyal. From the sound of that, you are trust worty, strong, but also caring, loving, and hey, you seem to be a good mother.

You want to love someone, and you want someone to love you.

Your kids will go through the same thing. They will want date some one too. One day they will.

I know i sound little harsh, sorry. But sometimes, when we are looking for someone sepical, we look so far out, we miss him/her right infront of us.

Now let me ask you this? Are you date worthy, or are you date worry?

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site