RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Wow, was someone thinking of me?! This is right where I am at in my life, I tell you! I have been attempting to organize my house. I do a little in this room, and then a little in that room, and so on.

Right now, I am working on repainting my kitchen, and organizing my bedroom. I have to get caught up on laundry, and find places for all the clothes, and decide what clothes to get rid of. It's really a daunting task. I feel like I'm in WAAAAY over my head.

Just having things disorganized really stresses me out. I get so annoyed when I can't locate something I know was just where I left it the day before.

So, then I take a break and do something artsy. Oh, and I'm also making valances for my bedroom. It's a part of trying to reduce stress, by making my bedroom a sanctuary.

I just had so many people move in with us over the past 4 years. My daughters and their pets and families, my mother, my in-laws. So for most of the time we've lived in our house, I've had to stash things in my bedroom, and in the kitchen cupboards, and all sorts of places.

1EleanorRigby

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Birdie Menagerie
Wow, was someone thinking of me?! This is right where I am at in my life, I tell you! I have been attempting to organize my house. I do a little in this room, and then a little in that room, and so on.

Right now, I am working on repainting my kitchen, and organizing my bedroom. I have to get caught up on laundry, and find places for all the clothes, and decide what clothes to get rid of. It's really a daunting task. I feel like I'm in WAAAAY over my head.

Ditto!
I know just how you feel!

I should spend less time on here and more on cleaning and tidying, really, I suppose ~ but the forum is so addictive!! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Ditto! and Ditto! lol - I mean, ditto to both posts above. My "mantra" lately is simplify, in the sense of "get organized and in so doing, simplify a room/process/routine/task..."

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the more complicated life gets, the more simple, light, airy, & streamlined you want your environment to be? Not just remove clutter but even remove doo-dads, knick-knacks, and even art that I used to like but now feel like "just too much"... confused

Last edited by Pudgie's mom; 05/01/08 09:42 PM.
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Yeah, I really like things uncluttered any more! I used to have my place decorated in Victorian, with every surface covered with knick knacks, and now I only want a lamp on the end tables. I want a place for everything and have everything in it's place.

What I want is to have a clean house where I can sit down in the middle of the day and enjoy a good cup of coffee and look around at my organized home.

1EleanorRigby

A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Birdie Menagerie

What I want is to have a clean house where I can sit down in the middle of the day and enjoy a good cup of coffee and look around at my organized home.

If you figure out how to do that, will you let me know?

My big problem is that I have NO storage in my home. Not one closet other than the clothes closets in each bedroom. The basement gets wet (very normal for my local) so not much storage going on there.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Aruba's-mom
If you figure out how to do that, will you let me know? ...

And me!
Please! smile

Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I used to live in a small apartment with 4 children and all of there toys. I used to be able to have a place for everything and have everything in it's place. I really, really enjoyed it very much.

I also only had clothes closets, which were small to store things in. I was able to then, put things into boxes which were named and catagorized and put them in the tops of all of the closets.

So, I that is why I wonder now, how can I get my house organized? I think it's partly to do with time. I used to have so very much time on my hands, being divorced. Now that I'm married, I find I would rather spend evenings with my husband instead of decluttering, lol.

I no longer have enough time in the day! Where has all the time gone? I need more time in each day!! smile

1EleanorRigby

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Birdie Menagerie ~ that is really interesting.
It's given me food for thought! smile

A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
I can tackle a small area and organize just fine but to look at the whole kitchen and I just freeze. I did clean out one drawer today though!!

Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Aruba's Mom: That's really great! I'm still looking at one cupboard. I wanted to clear it out, paint the inside and re-organize what goes into it. I think about getting it done, and I just feel over-whelmed. It's a small cupboard, but there's a lot of junk in it that I don't want there, then I know I'll have to find new places for them, and most of the stuff my husband had tossed there, so I really don't know where to put it. I know that I need to take responsibility for finding those things new homes if I want to get organized.

I have seen on Mission Organization that you set everything out, and place them in neat piles, donate, throw away, keep, etc. And then, once you get that done, then you set up the remaining items into catagories of where they belong or like items with like items. I guess that's what I need to do. I can make my coffee break my reward for getting THAT far, lol.

1EleanorRigby

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site