RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I can't help it, and I can't get over her because I see her just about every day. She knows how I feel because I told her, but she's not interested in me that way. I can't find another job for a lot of reasons, but she is looking since she needs more $$ so if she leaves I can start to get over her but in the meantime I'm just going insane....I still flirt with her from time to time but I'm afraid that one day I'll push it too far and she'll get mad....she's all I think about...what can I do?

Soulmate
Soulmate
I am so sorry your situation is made all the more painful by seeing her every day. We have all been in relationships where we are head over heals in love and the other person does not share the feeling. I do want to caution you to avoid any display of emotion at work such as the flirting you mention. If she does not appreciate your attentions, and presses the point with your employer, your job could be in jeapordy. I don't mean to discourage you or infer that you have been inappropriate in any way. The strict guidelines for inappropriate behavior that constitute sexual harrassment include anything that makes a fellow employee feel uncomfortable in the work place. It will not make things easier, but it would be such a shame to loose your job because of innocent flirtation on your part. Good Luck.

Cookie and Sweetie
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome hopelessromantic smile

I've moved your post, because it is more relevant here.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but unrequited love is a very common ~ and bittersweet ~ thing.

As Jo says, be careful about the flirting ~ you don't want it to be misconstrued as harrassment.

Take care.

You will find your Miss Right one day ~ and just remember this; if she doesn't care for you, as you care for her, then you could not be happy with her.

It's best that she has made this clear and has not allowed you to hope in vain. Try to see this as a positive!

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I echo Joan's comments. Be careful; in fact, don't flirt at all. Why give yourself that much pleasure when you know you will not be rewarded with her love. You're just torturing yourself further, and it may bite you back if you're doing it at work.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site