Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
There is this beautiful girl I know named xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have known her for a couple years but, we aren't friends. I have been in
with her since I first saw her but, she doesn't Have a clue. I'm not very funny and shy around girls I like. I want to get closer to her but I'm not sure how because I'm not the most popular guy in school. I'm tall somewhat built,athletic(soccer/track and field)brown eyed and haired and i have been told i have very beautiful eyes by like every age of girl and i have somewhat longer eyelashes(my moms side). Please help me. Also I am a deep baritone.

Last edited by PDM; 04/03/08 03:14 PM. Reason: Personal details removed

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
~ by Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Caplan & welcome.

I moved your post here where it fits better with the others. smile

If you are tall, athletic, with beautiful eyes and lashes, chances are the girls will find you attractive. If you are pleasant & shy, then doubly so!

It's not possible to say whether this particular girl will be interested, because no-one can force their emotions, but she might be. The only way to find out is to talk to her. Just be friendly.

Do you share any classes at school?
Could you ask her for advice with homework or a project?
Does she belong to any after-school clubs that you could join?

If you can find a shared interest, then you are half way there.

Just find a reason to say hello and ask her something.
If she's reading a book, ask her if it's good.
If she mentions something, respond to it.

Just be friendly & interested and see what happens.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Yes I share four out of nine classes with her and sit next to her in like everyone. I have tried looking for something to ask her about but I have an iq of 170(possibly higher. I believe she will be doing track(not sure) but otherwise she doesnt belong to after school clubs that I know of. The problem isnt that I can't talk it is that I can't think of things to talk about. If I find a couple good ones i can go on for awhile. She also likes funny guys but I'm not that funny.

True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe if you "acccidentally" kick her and then apologize or ask her if you can borrow a pen for class, that could get a conversation started.

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: 3budgies
Maybe if you "acccidentally" kick her ...

Oh yes ~ a sure fire way of getting a girl to fall for you ~ well, to fall, anyway! smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This is all about teenage boys and confidence.
They seem either to have too much, or too little, or too little masquerading as too much ~ especially when it comes to girls.

From what you say, I'm guessing that you are at least reasonably good looking and you are intelligent. Both can be very attractive to the right girl.

You sit by her (I've removed her name for safety & privacy reasons) for half your classes & you really like her, yet you don't speak to her ~ so she has no idea how you feel. Surely you must be able to talk to her about something, even if it's only the subject of the lesson. What subjects are you studying?

You say you are 'shy around girls I like'.
Many boys are ~ many girls feel exactly the same way, too.

You say: 'I'm not very funny.'
Well, yes, girls do seem to like boys who make them laugh ~ that is true ~ but they also like boys they trust & with whom they can relax. That is much more important ~ especially the trust, I think. Obviously they have to like them, too, and no-one can force their feelings. That has to be remembered, too.

Do you know these lyrics?
'Don't laugh at my jokes too much, people will say we're in love.'
The thing is, if a girl really likes a boy, then all his jokes will amuse her, but she has to like him. If she dislikes him, his jokes will just irritate her. So don't try to be funny.

Have a look at this thread:
'Getting her to laugh.'
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=238106&fpart=1

Pleasant girls like pleasant boys; boys who are kind, caring and friendly. If a girl likes you, she won't care whether you are 'the most popular guy in school'; it would be irrelevant.

You are into sports and she may be doing track ~ but you are 'not sure'. Why don't you find out? Why don't you ask her? Are you planning to do track this year? See if you can word it so that you get more than a yes / no answer. Tell her that you do track & field. Say you might see her there. Ask her if she's into sports? Does she like soccer? What sports and games does she like?

'She doesnt belong to after school clubs that I know of.'
Does she belong to any that you don't know of?
Does she belong to any out-of-school clubs or societies?
She may do first aid or ballroom dancing, or anything. Just ask her. If you like her, you will be interested ~ show that you are interested, but try not to sound over-eager.

'The problem isnt that I can't talk it is that I can't think of things to talk about.'
Why not?
Can you talk to your male friends?
Can you talk to your family?
Can you talk to members of your soccer team?

With a high IQ, you must be able to find out about all sorts of things, so you should be able to find lots of things to talk about.

You say: 'but I have an iq of 170(possibly higher.'
Different scales measure IQ in different ways, but on any scale this sounds fairly high. I'm just wondering about the 'but'??? ~ Why do you say that?
I know lots of people with a similar score, most are successful and happy.

Keep smiling, be friendly, stop worrying, but be yourself.
And just talk to her; if she is sitting next to you for all these classes and being ignored by you, she might be wondering if she is doing something wrong!

Last edited by PDM; 04/03/08 03:50 PM.

C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for your help with this. I did try to talk to her today but after i asked her a question and we kinda talked about it I couldn't think about anything else. Any tips?

C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I read that article and it helps me out a good deal. Thank you.

C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have started to talk to her more and I think we are staring to get along better.It is increasing everyday so. Thank you for your advice. If anyone has anymore it would still be appreciated.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Good ~ be positive!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site