RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275558 03/30/08 11:51 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hey I'm 16 and I have a slight speech impairment. Nobody knows exactly why I have it, but it may be because I live with Asperger's Syndrome and that somewhat interferes with speech. No, I'm not retarded although I may talk more like I'm a 5-year-old sometimes. And I obsess over random things which makes it hard for other kids to understand me. Sorry I'm feeling lonely about all this. So if anyone knows what it's like to have Asperger's or a mild speech impairment, feel free to pm me and we can talk about it. plz no calling me (or anyone) any names because it's not like I can help it. Thanx for understanding

I only have one parakeet
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Hi! Sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely about the situation. I imagine that you've occasionally had insensitive people say hurtful things to you. Nobody here should ever call you or anyone else names -- it would violate a key rule that Lisa established and also none of us want that sort of thing going on here.

Nothing wrong with having only one parakeet, by the way! smile

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Parakeet Lover - I think it is great you have a parakeet. They are such wonderful pets. You will find everyone on this forum are VERY NICE and very helpful. Welcome to the forum.

Good Friend
Good Friend
welcomee

and basically everyone has one thing or another about them thats not perfect. sometimes it's something that you might notice right away about someone but then you get to know them and see what a good person they are and any imperfections seem to disappear. and that's what's important just that you're a good person. and if I ever met someone that seemed to have absolutely no flaws then that would worry me, no one is perfect and thats life. people who make fun of other people are probably just trying to make themselves feel better about their own self. I wish they would just realize that putting other people down does absolutely nothing but hurt feelings

Jeanine
Lily (blue) pretty sure shes a girl
Ashlynn (yellow) thought she was a girl but im not sure
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that an 'imperfection' that some people live with is the inability to think maturely about certain matters. Name-calling, etc, is immature and can be very hurtful, but I think that some people don't even realise this. It's unfortunate, but sadly true.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
C
I personally know what it's like though I am not 16. I have high functioning Autism and I have always had a problem with my r's and speaking to fast. Just keep practicing and don't let what others says get you down.

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
~ by Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
H
H
We would never make fun of you for something you can't help.

When I was younger I had a very bad Stuttering problem. :[ I was teased a lot about it and I had to take many speech therapy sessions in my younger grades because of it.

I still stutter some, but, not as bad.. not nearly as bad.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Holly!

Sadly, many people are wary of anyone who is in any way different. It must be inbuilt to a degree, I think. The best thing is for more people to get to know 'different' people better. I think that this would lead to less bullying, teasing, hatred and violence.

I have talked about this recently with family, regarding different races & people with disabilities. When I was a child, and certainly generations before me, people with different racial traits or with certain 'disabilities' were not often seenm, for various reasons.

People tended to be either unused to being around 'different' people, or were wary or uncomfortable, etc.

With the younger generation, who are used to mixing with lots of different cultures and abilities, they become more blinded to, & accepting of, any differences ~ which is a very good thing, I think.

We are all human, so we are all the same; but we are all individuals, so we are all different.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site