RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
welcome to the forum.you have been givn so good advice.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Blood of Raven
Something here is making me feel a little uncomfortable ~ and I'm not yet quite sure what it is.

I think that it may be because ~ you are only 15, live in a dangerous town, have a tendency to go into 'a trance', and a history of depression, self-harming and giving in too easly, with a much older boyfriend whom you are keeping secret from your father, who may be over-possessive and who tries to do things with you that you are not always comfortable with.

You say that your father is not against you having a boyfriend ~ don't you think you should tell him?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I understand what you, as a parent, are pointing out. I'm just scared of my dad, that's the problem. To explain on the things you pointed out:

- I don't visit places that I'm not familiar. If I go into town, I'm usually with my family. If I'm with a friend, his/her parents are with us. There is one safe mall that i go to. Security is tight and it doesn't have a bad history.

- I started sticking up for myself. I'm tired of just doing what everyone wants me to

- I'm going to speak to my boyfriend tomorrow. We had the 'if you're not comfortable, say it' a couple of times and I speak to him often about it.

"My name is my law"
Good Friend
Good Friend
Hey Blood of Raven, and welcome.

I agree with Zookeeper with the professional help thing. But it is always your choice.

I read what you said about not being able to believe that you got a boyfriend, and then you listed all of the things that are wrong with you. I don't like to here that. Everybody is unique, special, and beautiful in their own way, and you should NEVER feel bad about yourself like that.

You seem really responsible and aware of your safety, which is good. Few people are these days.

Now for you boyfriend. I have a couple of personal stories to tell. I have a crush on two 18 year old guys, and I am only 15, like you. They never really seem to be that much older, do they? The thing is, guys naturally mature later than girls do, in every way except sexually. This can lead to quite a few problems, most importantly moral and legal problems. Sometimes it really sucks. I don't think I would ever put myself in a dangerous position with either of these two guys, because they are much more sexually mature than me, I know that, and want to avoid any possible issues with them. The way I see it, you have put yourself in a possibly problematic situation. If I were you I would get out of it before it causes problems.

When I was 11, my family and I went on vacation to Cozumel. We met two guys there, lets call them Bob and Andy. Andy was my sisters age, 14, and Bob was a little older, probably like 17. They both seemed really nice and so when our families became friends the four of us started to hang out more. Andy and my sister became really close, they both liked eachother. After a couple of days, Bob started "helping" me with things, like climbing up ladders or swimming to a certain place. While "helping" me, he would do stuff to my body, like grab my breasts or finger me, stuff like that. I never told him to stop, and until now I haven't told anybody else about it. My point in saying this now, is in response to your "trances". I think we all go through a time when we do not have control over what we do. I didn't say no to Bob, just like you never told the previous guys no. DON'T let that happen. I still regret not saying anything, and probably will forever. You will regret it too. I promise you that. Another reason for you to tell your dad about the relationship that you have, is that it will be a LOT easier to tell him if anything happens like the situation between me and Bob. And you should ALWAYS tell someone. ALWAYS.

I really hope that everything works out for you. Please don't do anything now that you would regret later, like not speaking up to anybody.

L
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
kelsey--first let me just say that is SO horrible--i'm so sorry you had to go through that. what a horrible thing to have to deal with, and fr you, it's still pretty recent--only a few years ago. its never too late to say something--tell your mom, or your dad, or a therapist. they may not be able to stop it from happening, as it was in the past, but its somebody to talk to.

now, blood of raven--kelsey is right--you should love yourself for who you are, and be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.

first you say you're 'emo'--well, you're only really emo if you accept that as a lifestyle/way of dressing, or if you accept the label the society put on you. so if you don't like it, change it! someone is not born emo--it's not an affliction lol it's a choice, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of smile

then, you say you're psychotic and cold--i doubt both, actually. i bet that these are both just inaccurate ways of perceiving yourself that have nothing to do with reality. learn to love yourself--its corny, but it makes all the difference!

next, you say you have breakdowns. if its really that serious, i going to have to agree with zubu that you should look into professional help. it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you--rather, it shows good judgment. this is something that you can learn to control. what makes you so upset? when do these breakdowns occur?

now the problem with your legs--feel blessed that you have legs at all. that is nothing to feel bad about yourself about. you walk around with pride!

and the you say you cut yourself--don't do that! i saw that you said you stopped, which is good, but have you ever sought help? because the bigger issue is what made you cut in the first place. like zubu said, self harm is a very serious issue--especially since you're still so young.

and also, i don't want you to quite disregard what PDM is saying because she's a parent--i don't think you're doin it on purpose, but it seems like you are regardless. now, i am only a few years older than yiu, and i'm certainly nobody's parent, but i'm ging to have to agree with PDM.

it's good that you're careful, but i just have to bring this up: if your boyfriend has emotional issues, then it can turn ou tto be dangerous to you that he's so possessive. sometimes, people who have had problems with depression have serious abandonment issues, so that he might not be willing to let you go, even if he has to hurt you. like i said before, you should be able to have guy friends without him freaking out.

also, it concerns be that your dad doesn't know about him. both of you ar still minors--at least here in the states, i don't know what it is in SA--but he IS sexually more mature than you...that's just a fact.

and it makes me uncomfortable that your dad doesn't know about him especially because you say that he wouldn't be aganst you having a boyfriend. tat should be a red flag for you--if you feel you have to keep him a secret that means there's something wrong.

this sounds like it is bordering on an unhealthy relationship, and i want you to be VERY careful...keep us posted

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I just want to thank everyone that has helped me, expecially m'am PDM. You guys have helped me out a lot. Here's what I'm gonna do:

-Talk to my boyfriend about what's on my mind tomorrow and set a few rules
-Make an appointment with my social worker. I'm so glad I have her right in my school
-Try and feel better about myself

"My name is my law"
Friend
Friend
Raven, Im proud of you. matter of fact, for all who posted in here, are proud of you. Let us know how it went. if you need more help, you know where to find us.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Blood of Raven ~ I'm pleased that, even if you feel that you can't talk to your father, at least you are going to have a chat with your social worker.

Take care. smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Kelsey, I'm glad that you have felt able to tell us about those things that happened to you, but which shouldn't have happened to you. It must have been difficult keeping this to yourself for so long ~ a problem shared is a problem halved, as they say.

Perhaps you could now tell your Mum ~ you might feel better about it, if you did. You were ~ and still are ~ very young. It's a lot to keep to yourself.

Take care! smile

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I've got some news for everyone. I talked to my social worker today and she helped me out. She mainly told me to take it slow with my boyfriend. I spoke to my boyfriend afterschool and he understands better now. I told him exactly how I feel, mainly the feeling of not being comfortable. He even apologised because he felt so bad about rushing into things. I feel better now that I've discussed it ^^

"My name is my law"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site