Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235295 12/12/07 12:23 AM
K
Kyte Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Okay, we're both pretty young. She's only 2 months younger than me.
We've been together for 12 months.

Even typing this is breaks my heart as I come to the realisation that I may never hold her again

She broke up with me a few weeks ago. She said we needed to be friends to re-ignite the spark. Let me begin: In the past I hadn't treated her with the respect she deserved. We argued a lot on some occassions.

But we really did love each other.
Even at such a young age, we talked about a family, marriage, all of that. We talked about how we'd be together forever.

I tried to be just friends with her for a while. But i mucked it up. I broke down and asked her to take me back... She felt pressurised and it broke down for a while. Now I've said I want us to be friends again to re-ignite it, she says im incapable of doing so. Even though she agrees to be friends, she doesn't seem optomistic. She says she still loves me...

And I love her so much. I can't bare to go on with my life without her.

I know people say there's more fish in the sea... but she is my soulmate. I've never felt such a strong connection with someone before. We were perfect. It's just the past couple of months I took her for granted. I really don't know what to do. I want her so badly, i want her to know how much I love her

I've tried just letting go of my feelings for her, but I can't. I just can't forget about the times we had and I don't want to admit I won't be spending the rest of my life with this girl.

I've tried talking to her, but she's been so stressed lately. With work and recreational things (she's in a drama club). And I know she doesn't like to admit it but, I can tell she's getting frustrated.

Please help me... I don't have anyone else to talk to...

Kyte #235310 12/12/07 01:20 AM
Companion
Companion
I know it will be hard to do but give her space. It will either result in the two of you back together or with a complete split up. I went through this with my ex (it was a little more complicated though). We needed time apart and decided to try to start over. 2 weeks later was Valentines day and he bought me a pair of diamond earings..... Most woman's dream. But it was a gesture that was OBVIOSLY not just in the interest of friendship. And it just pushed me in a direction that was farther instead of closer to him. His persistance drove us farther appart, if you've told her that you're there for her she will remember it. Tell her that you love her and you'll do anything you need to and if that includes walking away and approaching your relationship as just friendly then you're willing to do that. It may take time and it may stay that way but it's the only option you have. Sorry it's not that optomistic of an outlook but you have a chance here, Don't push too hard and keep at it.

Kyte #235329 12/12/07 01:56 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Kyte & welcome.

They say that the child who is given freedom by the parent will always come back. Maybe it's the same with girlfriends & boyfriends who feel in need of a break. You will have to give her some space. As Peanut and Bella says this 'will either result in the two of you back together or with a complete split up.'

This very same story is told over and over on this forum ~ take a look through and see if you can get any ideas about how you should behave.

I'm wondering how old you are ~ age can often ~ not always ~ be a major factor.

Whatever happens remember ~

~ You would not really be happy, even with the love of your life, if she were not happy with you.

~ Time heals

Youngsters and unrequited love are the story of many a hit song. It is difficult to deal with, especially when ones emotions are all over the place, but it is true that 'there are other fish in the sea' and that 'time heals'.

Whatever happens, you will be fine. It may take a while to come to terms with the results, but you will sort yourself out and be OK. smile

Good luck!

Last edited by PDM; 12/12/07 03:57 PM. Reason: typo

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #235403 12/12/07 11:35 AM
K
Kyte Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks people, didn't think I'd get much help from people I don't know but, really has helped smile

Well I spent last night basically thinking. I got upset, and I tried to get everything out. I woke up a lot better.

I can see how she what she means by when she feels pressured. I think for now we just need our own space. Maybe we can start talking after the stress before christmas.

We've both been really busy lately with college exams.

Maybe around christmas when exams are over, she'll have time to think things through.

And yeah, it still does hurt but, I love her enough to stay away from her. If she wants space then I will let her have her space. think I need a bit of space to, develop a bit of independence for myself.

Thanks for help guys smile

Last edited by Kyte; 12/12/07 11:35 AM.
Kyte #235418 12/12/07 03:58 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Take care!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site