RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#213742 09/11/07 05:02 PM
OP Offline
i met someone over a month ago. they are 42 and im 32. they work 2 job m-f 8am - 9 pm and goes to dance class 9pm-11pm 3 days a week. they get their 14yo daughter sat-mondy. they went back to maryland that day i met them and we talked over the fone 4 a month. they said they mentioned me to their daughter and he acknowledge that i am showing interest.. i went down there 3 wks ago. they introduced me to 3 of their family members in a barbershop where he worked and their were a lot of dudes maybe 10. we went to a nice dinner and he complimented me on how i looked in his jacket there was eye contact. they talked to their daughter for a few minutes and he was smiling while he was on the fone. we ate dinner at this nice restaurant. then we went to break fast the next morning. i did stay the night and he went there, five times by the way. he mentioned that he was glad we spent that time over the phone. he called me the day i left to make sure i got home. he cald me 3 days later to say the card i sent him was a big inspiration this was sent to him prior to me going down there because he was going to a dance competion and i wanted to wish em well. so thats what that was about. he left a friday came back mondy. i texed him wed saying hope all went well and i was hopin hed let me know by now how it went. i texed him to. he called back and was like he was tryna get back into the swing of things since monday him coming back from dallas and apologized for not stayin in contact. recently i told him that i do like him and some other basic things , and he only said I- meaning him- i know how i feel. i didnt ask him how is that or to elaborate. what do you guys think , oh, i asked him this past sundy if i could see him. today is tuesday. how long should i wait for an answer. 2746belmont is my user name

Last edited by 2746belmont; 09/11/07 05:04 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi & welcome.

Right, so you met a man just over a month ago and went to stay with him about a week later. He wined & dined you and you spent the night together.

After you returned home, he 'phoned a few times to check that you had arrived safely, etc, and to thank you for the card.

So he has appeared to be polite, pleasant and caring, but he hasn't been as encouraging about the relationship as you had hoped ~ is that correct?

You have told him you like him, but he only said that he knows how he feels ~ and you have been left to decipher what this means.

Well, you will have to ask him; but you are already awaiting the reply to one question ~ can you see him again soon?

It could be that he really cares for you; or it could be that he just found you to be a pleasant person to pass the time with. I just don't know.

However, if he is working two jobs, 9-5, Monday to Friday; is taking dancing lessons, 3 nights per week from 9 until 11; helping to care for his teenage daughter, entering dancing competitions, including the travel, work and stress involved; and trying to have a social life, he must be exhausted and low on time. Perhaps it isn't so surprising that he hasn't had a chance to spend time 'phoning or writing to you and has been trying to get back into his routine.

Try to get an answer out of him, so that you know where you stand, but without putting too much additional pressure on him.

I hope that it works out ~ Good luck. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #213939 09/12/07 01:20 PM
OP Offline
i like to say thanks so much and it gave me something to think about. he called last night because i sent him an inspirational card. it said, winning is not all about awards and prizes. its about know that you are an inspiration to someone. everytime someone see you perform know that you are making a difference in their life. that is the great gift. everytime you perform, teach and share your knowledge that is a win. you are allowing got ot bless you so you can be all at your best. you are accepting of this and some dont even acknowledge. that puts you above all winners thats what i wrote in the card. so he said thanks and it was a big inspiration. i bought up friday and he was like i was thinking about going to this function. and i was like well let me know. i said until you get comfy with me meetg you daughter i am willing to come friday and leave sat. now today is wed. im like this if i cant see him this friday then im not gonna bring up seeing him next friday and if he dont either, im going to send him a final card or a tex msg. what do you think.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You just need to do what feels right to you in this situation..

OP Offline
test

A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Let me tell you this:

I'm a 43 year old man, and I if I was romantically interested in a woman, there's absolutely no way she would have to wonder about that. She would know where I stood in my feelings towards her because I would tell her.

Now, what I'm speaking of here is an emotional and romantic interest in a woman - not just a sexual interest. If I was interested in a woman strictly on a sexual basis...I may leave her hanging...uncertain about what exactly is going on between us.

If you spent the night with this man - and I'm assuming you had sex with him - there is no way he would leave you hanging if he was wanting to build an emotional relationship with you. A lack of time isn't really an excuse here either. It takes only 5 minutes a day to call and say, "Hey Baby! I know I'm busy, but I just had to hear your voice and tell you that I'm thinking of you. I think you're amazing and I miss you so much."

This man isn't really interested in you as far as I can see. And if he is...let him come to you now. You've done enough.

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
Argyll #216577 09/25/07 11:54 AM
OP Offline
got your msg. i sent an email saying in detail how i felt. he text me saying that email was alot. he felt like i was reading him the riots act. i said what u mean he said schoolin him or drillin him. i said no, just schooling you and its never my place to drill ya. he said schooling me on what i said. on if you are truly felling some1 in the heart there shouldnt be missed opportunities on seeing them. he did not reply to my text. what do you think that mean. the email was basically just explained the opportunities i seen he had to see me and didnt take advantage. and that i felt like he not feelin me in the heart.

A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Belmont:

Forget this guy, he's not interested! As I told you before, if he was interested...he would be seeing you. He can't excuse the fact that he doesn't phone or email you (let alone see you) by saying he's too busy. A man will always find time to be with a woman he desires, especially if he knows she wants him!

Walk away and forget about this man and keep your dignity in tact. You have nothing to feel foolish about at this point.

Marko

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
Argyll #216772 09/26/07 03:40 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Definitely not the right man for you.

Stop worrying about him and concentrate on doing things you enjoy. You will meet a better, nicer, kinder man, who will truly care.

Argyll #220040 10/15/07 05:48 PM
OP Offline
let me update you on whats been going on. i had sent em a long email specifying how there were missed opportunities where he coulda seen me. he text me and we discussed it. he let me know in advance a wk later from this email that he was going on a trip for his sports and he wanted me to see him. i went all was good. while we were chilling he made a comment he not used to this hm?? what he mean. now, i came back home tues oct 1, he tex that wed 4 me to send him some pitchures of me. he left fri oct 5. i sent the pic on sundy oct 7. i would think as a frend he coulda tex me back to say he got the pitc. days later out the blue ont oct 10 he tex me saying all good. i said all good regarding what. he said just a comment. i said about what no reply. becuase not only i sent the pic, i sent a card with some info off the internet he wanted, and we had a talk before he left. so i didnt know which one he was referring to. so he left me hanging and therefore my mind started wonddering. i text him the same nite wed, oct 10 saying i feel like theres no open communication, and i felt alone in this. now before i asked him 2 mos of knowing him do he want to invest in a frendship, he said i like you. he never answered the ?. so i texed him saying do he have sum feeling 4me and is all he see of me is a distant frend without possibilites this was oct 10 when he didnt explain his remark.. he said he cant focus on a strong frenshp and said im a good person not fair to you. then he said i got the card thats what i mean your a good person! in his text.. i texed him back saying, thats cool, im still here 4u, if you need to talk, company etc. i messed up and said i felt like i was falling in love with him, and since i met him hes;been literally on my mind. i texed the next day saying hay enjoy your day, and my last text said missin ya and that laugh with a happy face. i dont know if i scarde him completly off now.but what started this is he didnt elaborate on what he meant all good and that made me start thinking. i havnt physicall heard his voice since oct 1 over the phone. and the last text msg i got was oct 11 when he made that comment. do you think its dead in the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site