RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hello. I'm new. Let me tell you the story and then please give me advice.
I was dating my son's father for seven years. A older guy who is 20 years older than I came into the picture while I was dating him in 2004. The older guy knew about my boyfriend but he was going through a divorce and I decided to date him for the financial help. All along I was easing his pain of his wife leaving him. So I helped him get over his wife and he was helping me financially. So it became a sex thing. He fell in love with me btu I kind of dogged him out because I was in love with someone else. But my boyfriend was dogging me out at the same time. So last year the older guy started dating my bestfriend but she didn't know we were dating. After telling her, she had fallin in love with him and was steady seeing him but he still wanted me. So early this year I broke up with my boyfriend and fell in love with the older guy but tables have turned and my bestfriend has taken his mind off of me but I'm just in another bad relationship as if I jumped out of one and into another. I feel bad about how I did him. Now it seems everything I did to him he is doing to me but he says he loves me more than her and has more feelings for me. This past weekend though, he took her on a cruise with him and I found out about it the day before they went which was Monday. He will be back Saturday. I am in l ove with him. Is he doing me wrong because I did him wrong I think but he knew I had a boyfriend. Should I except this, break up with him or , what. But to add. I am driving his car because I have no transportation. my cell phone is in his name and he pays the bill. I pay my own rent but if I didn't have a car then how would I get to wotk. Help please!!!

P
OP Offline
P
Pretty Girl

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: pretty girl
Hello. I'm new. Let me tell you the story and then please give me advice.

I was dating my son's father for seven years.

A older guy who is 20 years older than I came into the picture while I was dating him in 2004.

The older guy knew about my boyfriend but

he was going through a divorce and I decided to date him for the financial help. All along I was easing his pain of his wife leaving him. So I helped him get over his wife and he was helping me financially. So it became a sex thing.

He fell in love with me but I kind of dogged him out because I was in love with someone else.

But my boyfriend was dogging me out at the same time.

So last year the older guy started dating my bestfriend

but she didn't know we were dating.

After telling her, she had fallin in love with him and was steady seeing him

but he still wanted me.

So early this year I broke up with my boyfriend and fell in love with the older guy

but tables have turned and my bestfriend has taken his mind off of me but I'm just in another bad relationship as if I jumped out of one and into another.

I feel bad about how I did him. Now it seems everything I did to him he is doing to me but he says he loves me more than her and has more feelings for me.

This past weekend though, he took her on a cruise with him and I found out about it the day before they went which was Monday. He will be back Saturday.

I am in love with him.

Is he doing me wrong because I did him wrong I think

but he knew I had a boyfriend.

Should I except this, break up with him or, what.

But to add. I am driving his car because I have no transportation. my cell phone is in his name and he pays the bill. I pay my own rent but if I didn't have a car then how would I get to wotk.

Help please!!!

The phrase 'as ye sow, so ye reap' springs to mind.

You have a child by a man who you were in a long loving relationship with, but decided to get involved sexually with an older divorce, for money.

You didn't love him, then you did.
You loved your partner but were sleeping with someone else for money.
He gets involved with your best friend at the same time. Everyone is sleeping with someone who loves someone else and this is not fair on anyone ~ least of all your little boy.

Step back and look at this objectively.

What do you think that you should do?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
If I were you - I would leave the older guy alone and let him figure it out.
I would not date anybody for a long time.
I would take care of your son and learn to manage you finances.
Once those are in order, I would start from scratch, hopefully meeting somebody you never met before so you have a clean slate.

I would wish the older guy well and hope he is happy with his new girlfriend.
I think you need a fresh start and you won't get that with the older guy. Too much baggage.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site