RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JakeD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So ive liked this girl for a realllly long time and we are really great friends.About 2 weeks ago I finally told her how i felt and that i really like her and hope that maybe we could be more than just friends. she kinda just sat there like she was nervous and we sat there for like 20 min without saying anything. I finally asked her out on a date and she said yes and so we went on a date. We held hands and locked them together. She said she really likes me but she doesnt want to risk losing me as a friend if we start something and break up. I just dont know what to do .. I relaly need some advice.

M&M Offline
Companion
Companion
It's really simple. DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO MAKE THIS GIRL HAPPY! IF YOU TWO REALLY LIKE EACHOTHER THAN YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK.

ALthough M&M's advice is true, may not happen in a perfect world. Terms and Conditions apply. M&M is not reliable for uncertin cerquimstances. Expires today.

J
JakeD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
were always happy when were together, I took her dancing the other night and it was a blast. She just feels as if she will "sabotage" the relationship and make me hate her becuase of her past relationships. But I will never hate her because i really care about her and she means a lot to me. We just arent a couple yet.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Jake & welcome

I can understand how she feels and I don't think that you are the first to post a query of this nature.

However, if you feel as you do, and you do not go out with her, then it's still going to be difficult, just being friends, isn't it? It's going to be impossible seeing her dating other boys, don't you think? She likes you and you like her so it makes sense to go out together.

If things don't work out, then it may be possible to remain friends ~ many couples do.

But you could miss out on a great relationship if you insist on finding other girlfriends, when she is the girl you care about.

It's a difficult one, but I actually think that couples who are friends often work out best.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
J
JakeD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
thanks a lot. I really think things will work out with us, its only just a matter of time. Ill wait as long as i need to until she feels comfortable with it. She means everything to me just like all my other close friends and i will always be there for every one of them. But the thing is, I told her how i felt about a year ago and she didnt like me the way she does now and we were still great friends, We became closer until finally a couple of weeks ago when i popped the question again. Shes been really sick lately and ive been doing the best i can to talk to her and keep her company when she is awake. soooo we havnt been able to see eachother in a while but were still getting closer and closer.I would never want to hurt her in any way so im taking is slowly which is comfortable and not threatening, letting her decide since she is still undecided. hopefully soon we will be together and love eachother for who we are.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site