Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196057 07/02/07 12:17 AM
T
Tati Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have been with my boyfriend for about 3 years now. For a while, we did not have a very good relationship. He was not very good to me at all. Then, I found out that my best friend (who's a boy)was deeply in love with me. I started dating my best friend, who did not know I was still with my boyfriend. However, he found out, and now I need to figure out who I wanna be with. I don't know how I feel. Sometimes, I feel like I'm ready to leave my boyfriend, and then I back off crying, and the same thing happens when I try to leave my best friend... SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE...!!!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Tati & welcome. smile

Some people say that you can only love one person at a time. Some might say that, if you can't choose, then you can't really be serious about either of them, and your Mr Right is elsewhere.

I'm not sure. I do think it is possible to love two people at the same time, but you can't really be in a successful relationship with both.

Some try ~ married people have affairs, after all.

Is it possible that you get different things from each boy?

You stayed with your boyfriend, even when he was unkind to you.

You only considered dating your best friend, after you found out that he was in love with you.

Is it possible that you love your boyfriend more than he loves you; and that your best friend loves you, more than you love him?

Presumably you are very fond of your best friend?
And he is good to you.

So this relationship must feel really warm & pleasant, if you are used to a boyfriend who isn't so good to you.

On the other hand, you have stayed with that boy for a pretty long time, considering he wasn't good to you, and that must have left you feeling empty at times.

Be honest with yourself, so that you can be honest with them. Is it the way they treat you that makes you confused, or the way you feel about them?

Is the best friend giving you the warmth, love, security & attention that you would like to receive from the boy you love?

Are you actually in love with either or both of them?

The issue with your boyfriend is separate to a degree. If he is treating you badly, and you are already dating someone else, then this does not sound good for you and, regardless of what happens with your 'best friend', you should really consider what is right for you.

It's only fair on the boys, as well.
Two-timing isn't usually a good idea.

Maybe a break from both, for a while, would give you time to consider, while you are not under pressure?

I don't know how old you are, but, especially if you are quite young, this can have a bearing on the situation.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site