Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174798 04/28/07 06:04 AM
H
OP Offline
H
hi, i just attempted to answer and clear someone's head about some crazy girl behavior. Now, i know I a new to the board, but I guess I didn't come here 'without reason', I wanted 2-see if maybe someone might be able to decode some 'crazy guy behavior' for me!?

- The story begins w/ my new job. I was a bit stressed at work one day, 'new-coming jitters'.. Anyway, some of you may know the whole bit.. (how it goes).. You are all getting to know one another, and sometimes u have to clash, before developing some kind of 'mutual understanding' for one another. So something happened, and I got chewed out; well I was explaining the whole situation to another girl.. who just so happened to be sitting beside this really cute / totally shy guy.

Well, for some reason when he looked at me, his face turned blood red(?).. seemed as if he was trying very hard not to smile. I just thought to myself: "Oh wow, how flattering!"

Anyway, i told my new friend about the bashful / blushing guy. Then oneday, when I was not at work, she said he walked by; well she told him i thought he was cute! - She said he had the biggest smile on his face: "He showed all his teeth - Girl.. he was really blushing!" - "I have never seen him blush, nor smile like that in the past 6 months I've been working here!" - I said: "I can't believe you told him that!" - "Now, I'm going to be embarrassed every time he walks by!"

Well anywayz, i got over it / secret was out. So today at work, he walks past me and says: "Hey" and he smiled. He turned the corner, so I just followed him.. I asked him: "Hey, I was just wondering, do you have a girl-friend!?" But then, he tells me he does?! ... I mean, what is that!? - Go figure!

Last edited by Halo_rainbow; 04/28/07 06:05 AM.
A
A
Ok, I'm assuming I'm the person who you tried to answer and clear my head, so I'm going to complement your help by "trying" to help answer your problem too.

First of all, "for some reason when he looked at me, his face turned blood red(?).. seemed as if he was trying very hard not to smile"... did this happen right after you "explained your situation to another girl"? I mean, I could be wrong but, he could have turned blood red because he heard what you said to your friend (since he was sitting beside your friend)?

And when your friend told him that you thought he was cute and that really big smile popped out. Umm, I think (with girls too), anyone would be really happy/flattered if someone came up to them and said that they knew someone who thinks that they are cute. But, I guess there could also be something in there too to make the guy smile and show all his teeth and blush like what your friend described.

As for his g/f thing. Umm, well, from what you wrote. It sounds as though you asked him a straight forward question and he gave you a straight forward answer. (Don't know what happened next though).
All I can really say is that he may also like you too, which may have made him blush? (People can't really control their feelings for other people, even if they are in a relationsip already).

But then again, I could be completely wrong since, I'm not exactly problem free at the moment too and my mind may not have analized things properly. -__-".
...Just trying to help.

"The Past, was just a Dream. The Future is, what is Hope. But the Present is, what is Reality."
V
Regular
Regular
V
Wow Juicy workplace Lust affairs, and you only just started... go you good thing.. Unfortunatly the fact a guy blushes under the gaze of a woman, doesnt necessarily guarantee he has interests in you, and after being paid a compliment by another woman will surely bring upon a smile.

You said he ackowledged you by saying "hey" in passing this seems to justify him as a nice guy and admitting openly to having a girlfriend substantiates him as a genuine fellow, so if you can single out men of his calibre so quickly I cant help but think you will be with faithfull fella in no time.

Pay It Foward
V
Regular
Regular
V
ps. the "curious guy behaviour" heading is a bit errr how would you say a little ambiguous. haha

Pay It Foward
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
OK -
How about this possibility:
He is happily involved with his girlfriend but happens to find you attractive - and you caught him looking at you.
That can happen
Just because guys have girlfriends doesn't mean that they don't find other women attractive.
He might just be embarassed that you saw him looking, and now doubly embarrassed because he has your attention.
But just because he find somebody attractive does not mean he is not happy in his own relationship.
If he says he has a girlfriend and makes no obvious advances towards you - I personally would accept that at face value and move on.

H
OP Offline
H
But what if he does really like me, and I really like him?

I can understand trying to be faithful, but I really didn't say anything embarrassing that day, well not in front of him to the other girl; it was just something that happened at work.

The way he just kind of withdrew into his seat, his eyes - etc., and he .. I dunno, I really feel he kind of gave himself away. I never really noticed him until then; now every time he walks by, my knees go weak, I feel really breathless. My heart begins to pound, and he's always smiling! - So what should I do about this(?).. nothing, just let it go? - I kind of think he's just messing w/me now(?)..

We are both with someone, but every time we walk past each other, he's either smiling or tense, not to mention I always feel faint.

I appreciate it abcdx / victor wink - Vanquish ... didn't mean to sound ambiguous!? - L.O.L

Last edited by Halo_rainbow; 04/29/07 07:41 PM.
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
OK - I am probably alot older than you - so I'm sort of feeling very old fashioned here -
but I will say this -
If you are with someone - then make a decision if you want to stay with that someone. If you do - then leave this guy alone. If you don't want to be with your current someone - then please end the relationship. But I would not pursue a guy who is currently taken. He is a big boy and he can decide for himself if he is happy in his current relationship. He needs to make the same decision I am suggesting that you do.

Pursuing a guy who has already told you he has a girlfriend ... personally I just wouldn't go there. That's just me -
On the other side he has a girlfriend and you don't know anything about their relationship and I just wouldn't pursue it. Others might feel different.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe he was just eavesdropping and found the conversation interesting.

Maybe he's just flattered because you are think he's cute.

Maybe friends in the office are not being 100% truthful because they enjoy teasing you about this.

Maybe you can find each other attractive but not follow it up because both of you are with someone.

Certainly you shouldn't be chasing one chap, while you are the girlfriend of another ~ that doesn't sound right.

It might be normal to find other men attractive whilst you have a boyfriend, but not to act upon that feeling.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
V
Regular
Regular
V
What you really need is a Christmas work party where everyone goes crazy trying to drink the company's bar tab dry and the other 'secret' side of your colleagues comes out... Plus you would also be able to see this other woman who is keeping you from your prize. Does it bother you that if you did get with this guy you would then have to share a workplace with him? Or is it too early think upon such possibilities?

I wonder what it is about work colleagues that makes them so desirable, I wonder if you saw him in the street if you would pay him a second glance..

Pay It Foward
B
B
Stop! Think ahead! If you both continue to work at the same place, one of you might be promoted and then have to supervise the other one. That is a very difficult position to be in. Leave it at friends. And, never betray your boyfriend. Always remember, "if they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site