RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159501 03/11/07 08:52 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
The key to any great relationship is to start as great friends. Lust only lasts so long. If you are friends - and can trust and talk with each other - that is what lasts years and years. So start by building a friendship. Then slide it into dating, and that's the type of relationship that will really last.

That's been true in my life - and in the lives of many people I know! How about you? Did your current relationship start out as a friendship first?

Lisa Shea, Owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
The first time my husband spoke to me, was to ask me out on a date.

We are, however, very good friends and always have been.

I think that a couple should always be each other's best friend.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
I had met my husband online. We chatted and emailed and then talking over the phone for months before we actually did get to meet.

It was great. We got to get to know each other, and we became good friends before falling into love.

My daughter's chatted with lots of new friends online from all over the world, and that's all I wanted to do as well.

I think it is important to be friends. The friendship deepens as the years go by. smile

1EleanorRigby

Companion
Companion
I totally agree with Birdie Being friends first is important but my situation is a little different I met my hubby one weekend and 2 weeks later I was moved in with him and we got married two half years later and we have been married for almost 12 years and we have no plans of getting a divorce because he is a devote Catholic and his family is very strict about divorce. He has also told me he will never get a divorce. but that is my situation not reccommended for all but it worked for me

Tweety, Sly, Snow, Angel, Sky, Sissy, Baby and Olli
Breezi moved to IL
C
C
starting as friends, i have personally always found to be difficult. Especially when as a friend he talks to you about another girl, but i probably only find this hard because im very easily made jealous, which im working on. But i will admit sometime i would rather be best friends with the man i love, rather than a couple because as a couple in my experience if i mess it up, theres no more guy i love, as a friend he forgives me easier. i dont know, i just lose less friends then i do boyfriends.

Ainsi obscurité, l'escroc de l'homme
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
My hubby and I met when I was in 7th grade and he was in 9th.. We were kind of mean to each other for many years.. but then when we were both a little more grown up we became friends and then started dating. We have been married for almost 13 years now! He is my VERY best friend!! I can tell him anything and everything!! I think it makes a HUGE difference in a relationship to be able to be so completely comfortable with someone!! smile

Thanks 3budgies for my AWESOME AVATAR!! \:\)
Tulip adopted 3/05/2007
Tweets RIP

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site