i'd stopped dating, and was celebate, for a period of 4 yrs, and was getting a bit set in my ways i think. my daughter in law insisted that i investigate yahoo personals, i did, but with much reluctance.... i had just about chickened out, had called off one planned date in fact, and was about to remove my profile... got a blurb from some guy who ALSO didn't have a pic, i sent him some smart-alec response, he didn't put up with that for one sec... boom, email started coming, fast & furious. i got so tired of trying to get email to sound like the real me, that i finally called the # he'd given me wayyyy early on. he talked like he knew me. he had a greatttt voice. sexy. we talked for about 4 hrs, laughing & having fun, i thought it was about 15 mins on that phone! shocked me when he said could i call back that evening on nite mins, and he told me to look at the clock! a week of phone calls, by the second day i was waiting for 9 to call him, (nite mins again! ) like my life depended on it. finally set a date, coffee shop, with my grown son and his wife as company (and safety! ) walked in, knew him instantly & he knew me! walked right into his arms, felt like i was comin' home. stayed up all that nite, talkin' laughin' listenin' to music, gettin to know more about each other, couldn't let go of the nite, so we finally fell asleep fully dressed cuddled up in his bed, got up, goofed around, went back to my house, he called 5 mins later wanting to see me. told him he could call me and we'd see each other. he says ok, hangs up. my phone rings, he says, okay , i'm here, can we go out? it had been 10 mins mind you, since he'd dropped me off. we went out again, after i had time to shower and change and stuff, and he asked me to live with him that night. i've never been away from him since. its only 10 months tho. not a long time but its good time. we'll be married next summer.

I'm filling my empty nest with feathers. :0)