Right, you've forced me into it.

I was having a quiet one (bevvy that is) in the bar next to a bar i worked in. This young blonde comes in, starts giving the eye across the bar (cue a tacky 80s rock ballad)

I didnt really give it much thought, just another keen wee lass, Vince Im sure you know how it is.

So i sneak back into the place I worked at the time, and am slacking off beside the dancefloor, doing what a bloke does when he works at a bar. wink

"Hello" sez I, heres the fine wee thing from the other bar, about to head to the dancfloor with drink in hand (a nono, people slip on the spilt drinks you see) so in steps me, all suave like, and very smoothly relieves her of her drink.

Later Im hanging at the bar, tucked away in nice little corner, when, 'ear 'ear, who pops up for a drink but my little stalker. So I sez to the lass behind the bar "this ones on me luv" and so we gets to chatting. by the end of the night, I got me a phone number right (figured I was a bit slow really, only a phone number!) so I give er a call the next day, for a bit of a chinny, and lo we end up sorting dinner. This is now the saturday. Dinner goes good, drop her off where shes staying, not a tad of howz yer father, Im losing me touch I reckon. Next day she calls, "hi Im off back home today, oh didnt i tell you, im only here for the weekend" Riggght, sez me, feelin kinda used.

So, me being the smoov customer I is, I get her flight number and rock on to the airport to see her off, and off she goes. That night I get a call, "made it..... etc etc"

So, enough of the scouse diatribe.

For the ensuing 5 weeks, we call, write letters etc. Then she says shes moving back from the far south, I said, "Well move in here then, lets get engaged!" (somewhat spur of the moment comment, not a lot of thought given to it, seemed like a bright idea at the time)

That was 9 years ago, we're now heading toward 7 year wedding anniversary, we've shared one birth, 7 deaths, and a lot of laughs in between. One rabbit, one turtle, one cat, three fish, mortgage and two cars.... who would have thunked it!

"When will my wife understand that the "silent treatment" isnt actually a punishment?"