Day 17b - Forgiveness and Others - Friends

It's still so strange to me that this "others" category was so massive smile. Did her publishers tell her all she had was 21 days and she had to fit everyone in? smile.

I'm sure some categories I think are "easy" others find "hard" and vice-versa. To me, friends is quite easy. I have been blessed with incredible friends who I treasure. When I ponder about forgiving friends, I have to go way back, to first grade, to find something. I skipped kindergarten so was a "young kid" in first grade when age issues seem to matter. My two friends used to chase me around at recess calling me "baby Waller" until I cried. Back then teachers thought it was best to let kids work these things out on their own.

This is intriguing to me on various levels. First, I see the events from third person. I don't remember the in first person. I don't know that I remember them as much as I remember the memory of them. Next, how does the mind latch onto something that happened so young and consider it important? Surely millions of other things happened to me in those early years that were far more important, that I don't remember at all. Why do I allow this to linger and impact my adult state? Heck, the girls were just first graders with unformed brains. They're probably amazing people now. To "blame" them over whatever insecurities they had when they were 6 (or whatever) seems silly.

So, all that aside, my friends over the years have been amazing. Supportive, kind, helpful, and there when I needed them. If anything, I am struck by how a number of them currently are dealing with enormously challenging issues and holding their heads up through them. They are awesomely inspiring. It reminds me every day that, no matter what I'm facing, there are those out there who have far harder things to deal with. The more we all help each other out, the more we all rise and thrive and find joy in these preciously few days we have on Earth. It's stunningly true that we simply don't know how long we have. Each day is a gift.

Lisa Shea, Owner