hi everyone i have been thinking about this alot recently and i stumbled upon this forum and thought i would get your opinions. i will give you some background. I am 17. just over a year ago my dad passsed away which is still affecting me today which i cant help. I have been with my girlfriend for 10 months and i am truly in love with her in my opinion more than i have ever felt about anyone before and i think she is the one but recently there has been major problems in our relationship.

Firstly my mum and my friends really dont like my girlfriend for a variety of reasons which i dont agree with for example they beleive that she is too controlling. This has recently created many arguments between me and my girlfriend as she thinks it will affect the relationship. This has been especially troubling as recently my mum has refused me from seeing her.

secondly recently i have had many troubles concerning my dad i have been thinking about it alot recently which i have needed some time on my own. My girlfriend has felt sad that she has not been able to see me. i have felt really guilty for this and i keep getting the feeling that she deserves better. this has been the main reason for feeling that i should break up with her. Im just not sure if i should end it and make her life easier without being let down by me all the time.

any thoughts would be aprreciated =)