PDM - you have spoken loud, clear and well. I hope what you have written will help Gina.

Communication is key to any relationship regardless of how "comfortable" the individuals involved may feel with one another. It seems to me that Gina and her husband have gotten so comfortable they are now like brother and sister. However, they aren't so comfortable with one another that they feel as though they can speak to one another about things.

Gina - I really suggest you talk to your husband and let him know what is bothering you. Don't come out and attack him though saying his town is stupid, you don't like it that he doesn't want to travel, etc. etc. Maybe he doesn't want to travel because he feels the need to work to support you so you can travel? Because he's trying to make you happy? Do talk to him - about the travel, about the town, about the sleeping together.

Couples get into ruts. My husband and I have gotten into a rut with the sleeping together and then after a while one, or the other, or both just stop thinking about it and don't expect it to happen, but eventually one person has to take the initiative and make that first move, be it to talk or be it to become intimate. You may feel like there's no more romance in your marriage because it's been such a while since you all have been together and you both have gotten stuck in the day-to-day activities. It's important to make time for one another to spend together. Have a date night - and date night doesn't have to be going out to dinner and a movie or whatever - it can be a wonderful home cooked meal that you prepare together and clean up together. Then you can sit down and enjoy a movie on the sofa or a game. The key is though that you need to talk to him. You need to find out what's going through his mind and let him know what's going through yours. You don't necessarily have to tell him about this "other guy" right away, but you do need to talk.

My husband and I have had crushes on other people while we've been married - but those crushes are just that... crushes. We tell one another about good looking people - I remember clearly there being one guy that I worked with that I got along so well with him - he reminded me of my husband in so many ways, yet there were certain things that were different. Looking back on that crush - I never would have acted on it because I would never want to hurt my husband. I would never want him to act on any of his crushes because it would kill me. My husband and I are both friends with this old crush - we hang out with him and his new wife and enjoy their company very much. If I had left my husband for this crush, I know it wouldn't have worked out in the long run because after getting to know him better, it was just determined that we wouldn't have been a good match. We're all great together as friends and that's it.

Do think about everything that PDM has written. Do reconsider what you have written. Do find time to talk to your husband. Maybe consider holding off on this trip around the world to see your love interest - maybe consider trying to work things out with your husband by going to counseling?

Good luck and your English was excellent. smile