Quote:
@ Jilly you take everything you choose to tackle to a very fine point, don't cha!! lol. That's good though. I wish I had that determination.

Maybe it's my First World Guilt. I want to do what small things I can to make the world better. And the corollary is I want to do as little amount as possible to make the world worse.

It's also interesting to me. I don't like complaining about the government. It bores me. It's much more fun to try to work on my zero-net trash and minimal carbon footprint ideas.

So, back to what you were saying about picking your battles...well, these are the battles i have picked. smile

Quote:
I do give old towels and blankets (from vacant apartments) to my vets. They really need them, and it always helps to be on the good side of your vets!! Same with pet food and water bowls. Clothes that don't fit me or is not my style, I give to people in my apt complex and my neighborhood. I do keep old tee shirts and shorts and sweats to wear to my job. It won't matter if I get caulk or whatever on them and if they're too bad, after I've worn them, I can throw them away.

That is really great that you take the time to make sure these left behind items are reused! You feel feel very proud of yourself for that. With your job, you really are in a position of doing a lot of good things and giving items to people/animals in need.

Last edited by jilly; 05/09/10 08:47 PM.