Re: charities. I have accumulated stacks of magazines! New ones, old ones, old ones even still in the wrapper. Initially I keep them thinking I should read them, but truthfully I only read a very few. I have tried to give them away, and you'd think more people would want them, especially the (older) new ones. But my friends are not having that!

My point is, thank you for reminding me that they exist, and as far as charities, in the past I have had the idea to take them to places that keep mags in their reception area. Or to places like AA recovery and detox hosp. At the Austin State School, where I worked for 4 years, many years ago, the residents or clients (I'm not sure of the politically correct term now days) are challenged in various ways, and they LOVE magazines. I wonder if they would have any rules about bringing those in.

I had some of those things with letters and numbers on them, used to change signs and I gave them to a church. All I wanted was $5 for a big box of them, but they asked me if they could have them, and I was glad just to be rid of them, and to do a good deed at the same time.

Last edited by tweetymom; 04/02/10 06:30 AM. Reason: typos

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin