Thank you, Lisa, that is how we are trying to see it. Dan and I spent HOURS today scrubbing and soaking and rinsing things.

I bought a long tapered brush from a dollar store to run under the stove and fridge...it was excavating. We found all kinds of things. Like dead bugs, old food, a matchbox car, screws, and what i call "schmutz." We threw the matchbox car in the goodwill bin and the screws in the trash, and then vacuumed up the rest. It was kinda fun, although I think dan didn't share my joy in our archeological dig. smile

Then I crawled around on the floor with a rag and scrubbed the old 1970s linoleum. It doesn't look good - it really can't - but at least it's clean. Then we both scrubbed the schmutz off the lower walls and the doorways, doorhandles, light switches, window sills...got the cobwebs from the ceilings and corners....I enjoy good clean work like this. Much more to do but we did a solid.

It was satisfying. I was *going* to go hiking today, but it ended up being cold and dreary out. So a good day to just clean and organize things. I found homes for a few items and am starting to assign what goes in which cabinets.

The heater still isn't working but we have to keep on the landlord to get this done...

Anyway things are coming together gradually. At some point we will find the time to go get our furniture. We are sleeping on the floor and using garden chairs for seats. Whatever works, yes? smile