Hi all.

I have been with my GF for nearly 2yrs. Lately i have wanted to be single because i feel she is too domineering in this relationship and my Ex was domineering. My parents are fond of her because they feel she snobby towards my family and i have been noticing it.

I have perservered however when my mum was in hospital with failed Kidneys the GF wasnt even sympathetic. I put this to the back of my mind however what topped it off was the fact that she said when we move in she wants me to pay the bills while she pays the mortgage. I said why not go 50/50 as we are a couple. she said if we broke up she doesnt want to lose the deposit she saved up. She wants the whole house her way and if i want something in it, it has to match her decour.

Its hard to break up because her dad is one of the boss's at work and he would make it difficult at my work and her mum would probably try and get in touch to blast me down the phone or in person. We have the same friends however most of them i met through her, would i lose them aswell?

Her family have done alot for me and i feel bad feeling like this its just i dont want to be the submissive BF and to top it off our 2yrs is coming up in the next 2wks and she is organising it? should i break up after that or before it? most of my friends believe i should break up as she is too controlling.

Any advice on what to do with the family and friends issues and how to break up would be greatly appreciated as i am xxxx at breaking up (i have always been the dumped).

Jester

Last edited by PDM; 02/26/09 03:21 PM.