I know this topic is about a month old, but I would like to put in a couple of thoughts of my own.

Personally, I would be a little uneasy myself if my wife/gf started going out with her g/fs more and more. For a guy, it does get a bit unsettling when behaviors like this change. Yes, she might have felt like she missed out when he and she were courting. I'm not sure how often she goes out; once a week, twice a week? But I'm thinking on some of these days, when he's home, his son is home, and she's home, he wants them to spend some time together as a family. OR maybe he wants some quality time with her, as he has mentioned in his post. Nothing wrong with that all.

You really do need to talk with her when you're face to face. Not just about the phone calls, but your feelings. She's your partner for life. PDM said it best, Communicate! And don't do it by phone, because we know that's not working too well! :P

As for your question, when she's out and she knows you're with your son, i think she trusts you with him to know what to do in case of an emergency and knows you're a good father. So she may not worry as much. At least she will call you back sometimes. Maybe you could setup a system when their is an emergency, page or text a 911 to it. In all honesty, because she's not always consistent with what she says she's doing, I don't think its unreasonable for you to feel the way you do. But talk to her. It's not going to resolve itself.

Last edited by JoeNathan; 10/16/08 12:36 PM.

You may only be one person to the world
But you may also be the world to one person.