PDM and Jeaninee,

You both have been very helpful and its good to get some advice from a female's perspective for once!

Sadly, I didn't get your messages until this afternoon. (I grew tired, it was well after 12 when I was posting Jeaninee, sorry.)

Today I talked to her.

I actually wasn't at a loss of words, so I was feeling alright. She still didn't seem terribly interested in keeping conversation between me and her though, just her other friend.

We talked a little...she laughed a little...thats it.

Maybe I'm boring her, or what you said, she's still 14, and thats considerably young, I know. The problem might lie there, maybe she's just not desiring my feelings as much as I desire hers. Different levels of hormone and that jib jab, I know its right. And I don't think she knows what to expect from me...

"Date" is a strong word that I don't like to really use...But regardless of what you call it, her parents will still likely forbid it.

Umm, also, just to clear things up-I by no means am trying to have any illicit physical activity. This is not the right time and I'm aware that we're both too young to handle it.

<<Many parents I know would not allow a daughter to have a real boyfriend until the age of about 16. This girl is accepting her mother's decision. That is only fair and may have nothing at all to do with her feelings for you. She is a child. Her mother has spoken. She obeys. I see that as a good thing.>>

Yeah, I was surprised at her response to her mother's response. She's very obedient and I must respect that...

<<Why would a girl in such a situation say that she wants to be good friends? Because that is the only option open to her. She wanted to be your girlfriend but she is not allowed to be. 'Good friends' or 'no relationship at all' are the only options left to her. I'm not surprised that she isn't comfortable talking about it. She wants to be a dutiful daughter, but doesn't want to lie to you or upset you. What is she to do?!>>

Sigh, thats everything in a nutshell I guess. I'm very willing to have aforementioned innocent relationship, its just conveying that to them (Her and her family) that I have to overcome...How? I'm not entirely sure yet. But I'd do anything for this girl.

And again, you've helped my mind deal with this situation a lot easier.

Thanks,
Sean

Nobody said it would be easy.