You're not the only one who is confused.

Let's get a few things straight, to start with. You're 16. If she's your age, then neither of you know what you "want" out of a relationship because you haven't had enough relationship experience to make that kind of judgment call.

As far as the lesbian issue, I'm confused how when a friend comes to you with something so intimate and personal how same-sex marraige issues have anything to do with it. Did she say, "I'm a lesbian and this is my girlfriend Judy. We're getting married in the fall?" I'm guessing not.

Being a Christian and being a friend are pretty much the same thing. Being a good person, and being good to other people. For someone who posted they want to be friends with this girl, you were certainly rather insensitive, inserting your own moral crisis into someone else's fragile situation.

I'll put it to you this way. A friend says "I'm thinking about killing myself." Do you say, "Well, I'm a Christian and we don't believe in suicide..." Of course not! "Coming out" is a major step in someone's life, and it was more important to you to judge your friend, rather than feel honored she felt comfortable enough to tell you something so personal. That is, in a word, tactless.

If you want my advice, it's time to be a better friend, and a better Christian. Christ did not intend for your beliefs to act as a spiritual harness. If there's one thing he preached about, it's finding God in other people by treating them well, without judgment. You have a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited by Robii; 07/15/07 12:51 PM.

Setzer & Newbie!