I'll set up the situation for everyone:

At the begining of the school year, I vividly remember seeing a sophmore girl in my French class. Wow, what a beauty. Blue eyes, long brown hair, funny, attractive, everything a man could ask for. I am only a freshman and our year of 06-07 is closing in less than a week. I remember that first day like nothing else i have ever seen. I didn't even know her name then. I had a crush on her ever since that first day. About 3 times during the year, we got to have our seats changed and i finally got to be her partner the last marking period of the year.

I hung out with the sophmores in my class most of the year but i never really talked to that girl. I couldn't stop thinking about her though. We both use www.facebook.com to connect with other friends and i saw that she was single. I never had that much excitement about being single ever before. So when we switched our seats we began talking alot more.

We talked about so many different things.

To give a little information on us, (nothing to far) ill share a little. I am tall, very athletic, pretty popular but i have never been on a real date before. ALl my friends have made out with girls but i haven't even had a date in my life yet. So yea im popular but i can't get the ladies. I play lacrosse for my school, and i play basketball with my friends.

The girl, who i will refer to as Jill (not her real name) was amazing. I soon found out after talking to her that she loved lacrosse, and she played for the school also. We had so much in common. She was on the varsity swim team, and i admired the challenges she over came during the year. We loved summmer and winter, we hung out with our friends, we loved thunderstorms (weird huh?) and we talked so much in such a short time.

She always would make comments to me about my grades, about how she was jealous of how smart i was. I would always tell her that she was and she was jsut getting unlucky.

I was an honors student, top of my class, straight A's, yet my friends and other girls said i was charming and cool. Not a normal geek or nerd in your high-school years. I couldn't understand why i couldn't hook up with any girls.

Half way through that marking period when we were talking alot, she started dating a hot shot senior. That's right, a senior and here i was a freshman wanting a piece of his girl. That was when i started having trouble with her feelings towards me. After that point at which she got a boyfriend, i would see her look at me most of our class. We made eye contact so much during this time period and i felt a real connection but the senior was still in the way.

The year's closing out now and i still am feeling some sort of love towards this girl. She still is dating that same senior but the weird behavior of her engaging in alot of conversation and even her flirting to the level of touching baffles me.

Today during class, there was a thunderstorm, one of our most favorite thing and we smiled at each otehr the whole class every time we heard thunder or saw lightning. We weren't even paying attention to our teacher, only focusing on nature and then on each other. We told each toehr how boring French was and how we would love to be outside watching the storm roll by.

Please help me with this predicament.

Thanks to all in advance for your help

ajnard