LDR from Camp
Visitor's Question from a 13-15 year old Female
I went to camp this summer and I met this wonderful guy I'll call "Peter". We were really good friends (nothing more) for the most of the camp, until Peter asked me to the "social" (basically, the dance). I accepted gratefully. Now, at my camp, when two people are going to the social, they are "going out" and are boyfriend and girlfriend. After the social, Peter and I continued to hang out, except there was one small problem. The social occured on Peter's last night of camp (he was leaving a day early). He would be leaving at noon the next day. We said our goodbyes right before he left, but got no more intimate than a romantic hug. Now here I sit a week later in Florida, while he is in Connecticut, and I wonder:
1) How [and when] can I see him?
2) Can we have a long distance relationship?
3) When I get back to camp, will we still be going out?
I'd ask him these questions, but all I have is his mailing and e-mail address. Please help me!!!
~Dreaming in the Rain
The first thing to do is to get his phone number.
That will make communication much easier.
1. Be happy you live in Florida and Connecticut. Both states are on one of the biggest transportation lines in the US. I-95 runs directly. Amtrac is available, and air flights are cheap. There are also convenient meeting places in between such as Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Williamsburg.
2. LDR's are difficult but that's what you have on your hands. Use the phone, email, and chat to keep in contact. Having your parents' suspport will be very important to make this work. Wait for several months before you bring up the subject of getting together with him. They will want to see that you two are not just a passing passion.
3. Returning to camp and how you feel will depend on how well you communicate while you are apart.
Good luck! George
-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com