How common are high school sweethearts?Visitor's Question from a 16-20 year old Male
Hello, I'm 16 years old and am almost in my last year of highschool. I've never really been interested in girls. But I met this one girl that really changed my life around. Currently, we are not dating. We are "committed" and waiting for high school to finish. She is my first love and I am her first, and we love each other dearly. We already made plans when we are out of high school, we will start dating when we are in university (long distance or not, we will be dating). Once university finishes we plan to get married. I really love this girl with all my heart and she means the world to me, we have never been with anyone else before. My question is: If we are committed without dating until highschool finishes, once we start dating at the age of 18/19 in university, what are the chances of us getting married and spending the rest of our lives with each other? I really think this is going to happen. We have great communication and plans. She is just as committed as I, and and we both seem VERY confident our relationship will work out. Even if we end up in different universities, we both agreed we would do "long distance" for each other as we greatly trust each other. We are both mature and have basically planned our lives out already. We always discuss how much we love each other, what we will do in the future, and marriage. My questions are:
1) We are both each other's first love and dearly love each other, can the first love end up being our only and last love?
2) If we start dating at age 18, what are the chances we will get married in our twenties?
3) If long distance does happen, how hard is it?
4) We both seem very confident this will work out..so do our parents, is confidence good?
Thank you VERY much for your time!
Congratulations on finding each other!
1) First loves can be lasting loves. There are many couples who were high school sweethearts.
2) Don't know and wouldn't venture a guess.
3) Try hard not to do long distance, it can be quite stressful. But it's not impossible.
4) Confidence is a very important part of the success of a long term relationship.
Good luck! George
-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com
Visitor Submitted Responses
Our RomanceClass visitors have chimed in with thoughts on this question and answer. Click on a link below to read what their solutions are!
Speak Your Mind - Share your Thoughts on this Question!
All Advice in the category - General Dating
Browse our Answer Database- Browse Answers by Question Category
- Browse Answers by Age Group
- Browse Answers by Date of Response
Please read through the advice on this site before you Submit your Own Question! We have thousands of pages of valuable advice that can immediately help you with your situation.